Job Title: Vice President of Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
Prospect Medical Holdings, INC.
Reports to: Senior Vice President Corporate Development
The Vice President of Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications is responsible for managing all internal and external communications for Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc. (Prospect) and its subsidiaries, and implementing programs, as necessary, to ensure its messages are consistent.
- Developing an integrated communications strategy for Prospect and its subsidiaries incorporating public relations, marketing, investor relations, and an online presence.
- Increasing brand awareness and developing positive recognition for Prospect and its subsidiaries.
- Developing relationships with key media sources to secure and grow media coverage.
- Writing and disseminating press releases for local and national media.
- Monitoring media stories relating to Prospect and its subsidiaries, and maximizing opportunities for positive public relations and downplaying any negative public relations.
- Collating messaging and ensuring consistency.
- Developing and leading Prospect’s internal communications strategy.
- Acting as company spokesperson. In addition, identifying and developing management as spokespersons, and providing media training, as needed.
- Creating and developing print and online advertising.
- Managing Prospect’s websites and content.
- Writing bylined articles, white papers, corporate speeches, annual reports, PowerPoint presentations, video scripts, collateral materials, and more.
- Working and negotiating with outside vendors.
- Implementing effective two-way communications between Prospect and the financial community.
- Organizing research into the attitudes of investors, analysts, regulators and financial journalists.
- Developing a communications strategy to improve the perception of Prospect within the financial community.
- Organizing briefings among key groups (analysts, portfolio managers, research directors, stock exchange representatives, institutional investment departments) that influence perceptions.
- Overseeing the annual communications budget.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Previous experience within a large corporation overseeing PR, Marketing, and Communications.
- Healthcare experience is not required.
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Union campaigning experience preferable.
- BA or Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Financial background.
- A wide degree of creativity.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media.
- Self-motivated with leadership skills.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic with a good sense of humor, and a passion for communications.
- Willingness to travel.