President, Business Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer, CharterCare Health Partners
POSITION SUMMARY: The President of Business Development is responsible for conceiving and implementing business development initiatives that elevate the CCHP Brand and align with the organization’s strategic plan and priorities. This position serves in a hybrid role of balancing operational and clinical quality, business development and marketing strategies. Matrix reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the senior management team, the incumbent designs, develops, implements and directs the business development strategic goals and activities of the Business Development Department. The incumbent may serve as Administrator On-Call. This position is accountable for annual goals/strategic initiatives related to physician recruitment/retention, growth and expanded market penetration of both existing/new programs and identification and related planning of programs/services to be discontinued/consolidated or relocated. This individual must demonstrate personal leadership, a deep understanding of the healthcare community and show past success with advanced hospital and physician market development and facilitation of quantifiable results.
Bachelors degree in hospital or health administration, a Masters is strongly preferred.
Minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in an acute care hospital/heath network environment.
- A solid understanding of the financial issues facing an integrated healthcare delivery system and a strong grasp of the clinical and technical aspects of operations is required.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and the ability to build, attract and develop an excellent leadership team. Carry out essential supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, training, planning, performance evaluations, employee discipline and problem solving.
- Defines performance metrics, conducts evaluative tracking and monitoring of progress and reporting on results.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems. Uses initiative, creative thinking and professional judgement to reach quality decisions.
- Strong project management and experience in management and leadership in cross departmental teams.
- Must feel comfortable in working in the forefront with the CEO and Senior management and clinical service delivery in identifying, analyzing and leading business development, marketing and related planning initiatives.
- Experience in developing effective external working relationships with and inspiring the trust of partner organizations, elected officials, community leaders, and vendors. Serves as emissary from CEO.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, professional affiliations, and keep abreast of the latest trends in the health care industry in general and destination services specifically.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between multiple work sites; and travel is required in order to perform essential duties.
- Ability to compile data from various sources and to analyze and interpret the data in order to provide alternatives and make recommendations. Familiarity with planning resources, statistical software, data base management, and decision support system is also required as is the intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to manage projects from initiation to completion within prescribed schedules and utilization of resources.
- Experience with or interest in working with rural communities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. Contributes to and executes strategic plan while elevating CCHP brand through the development and execution of goals, objectives and policies for areas of responsibility.
2. Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating and continually monitoring and evaluating functional areas of responsibility.
3. Monitors facility performance to goal. Reports on related areas such as but not limited to: volumes, related revenue cycle performance, pro-forma ROI projections to actual, market reconnaissance, customer service accountabilities, quality reporting implications, digital image, competitive analysis, and market share penetration.
4. Seeks and develops physician outreach and educational opportunities coupled with internal operational feedback regarding convenience and patient ease of access to position CCHP as the convenient destination provider with subject matter experts delivering high quality care.
5. Evaluates requests for new or additional services or programs. Proactively scans the market and understand market dynamics and trends. Seeks to improve strategic advantages.
6. Evaluates programs/services to be closed, relocated and consolidated. Develops related plans and directs needed communication with all stakeholder groups on same.
7. Acts as the ombudsman for the organization to physicians by seeking feedback and information and facilitating improvements resulting in increasing the depth of the connection of the physician’s relationship to CCHP and increasing their barriers to exiting.
8. Monitors compliance with regulatory agencies and complies with all applicable laws, regulations and standards of the Code of Conduct.
9. Devises and maintains formal and informal communication systems. Utilizes regularly scheduled staff meetings for the exchange of information. Effectively presents information to community and employees. Develops structure to regularly hear the voice of the customer and incorporates the elements of patient choice into strategic growth opportunities.
10. Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with the Medical Staff, Executive Leadership Team and other Leadership.