JOB TITLE: President, Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer, Crozer Keystone Health System
The President, Development is responsible for directing the development and implementation of the corporate development plan for the hospital. Consulting with the Chief Executive Officer and senior management team, the incumbent designs, develops, implements and directs the corporate development strategic goals and activities of the Business Development Department. The incumbent may serve as Administrator On-Call. This position is accountable for annual goals/strategic initiatives related to growth, new programs, and physician retention/recruitment. This individual must demonstrate personal leadership.
• Bachelors degree in hospital or health administration, a Masters is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in an acute care hospital/heath network environment.
• A solid understanding of the financial issues facing an integrated healthcare delivery system and a strong grasp of the clinical and technical aspects of operations is required.
• Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and the ability to build, attract and develop an excellent leadership team.
• Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems. Uses initiative and professional judgement to reach quality decisions.
• Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between multiple work sites; and travel is required in order to perform essential duties.
• Ability to compile data from various sources and to analyze and interpret the data in order to provide alternatives and make recommendations.
• Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and to manage projects from initiation to completion within prescribed schedules and utilization of resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement operational improvement initiatives necessary to meet EBITDA goals.
2. Executes strategic plan by developing and executing goals, objectives and policies for areas of responsibility.
3. Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating and continually monitoring and evaluating functional areas of responsibility.
4. Monitors facility performance of goals.
5. Actively contributes/leads strategic planning activities.
6. Evaluates requests for new or additional services or programs.
7. Monitors compliance with regulatory agencies.
8. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and standards of the Code of Conduct.
9. Devises and maintains formal and informal communication systems. Utilizes regularly scheduled staff meetings for the exchange of information.
10. Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with the Medical Staff, Executive Leadership Team and other Leadership.
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.