Prospect Management Company is seeking a maintenance technician for the rental department! With over 200 rental units in the Milwaukee area, we are seeking someone who can work independently and handle general maintenance issues as well as building repair.
The best candidate will be detail oriented and work well with others. Effective written and oral communication is essential for success in this position. This position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with occasional nights/weekends depending on when the 1st of the month falls and work load.
Areas of responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by the Property Manager.
- Maintain/create inventory controls for cost-effective operations.
- Schedule and complete preventive maintenance programs
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Complete grounds work as directed by property manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Responsible for alerting the property manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Complete payroll time sheets, mileage reimbursement, and work order invoicing to submit to supervisor as determined
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, state, and federal guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of all work-related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Guidebook.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and electric.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong customer service background and skills
- Projection of a professional image by following the dress code and appearance standards as set forth by the community
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- A willingness to be trained
- Prior maintenance experience (at least two years)
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- A work record of good attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC, construction, carpentry, painting, vendors, parts, and services
- Interpersonal skills to interact professionally, clearly, and respectfully with tenants and others as needed
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Physically able to perform job duties with or without accommodation
- Health Insurance
- Dental/vision insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, and crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items 75 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates must be willing to travel throughout the Milwaukee area with their own personal vehicle. A valid WI driver’s license with proof of auto insurance and a reliable vehicle is required. A company vehicle may be provided after a 90 day probationary period. Must have and provide basic hand tools (i.e. drill, channel locks, pliers and hammer, etc.).
If you are interested in applying, please submit an updated resume and detailed cover letter.
Prospect Management Company
Why Work Here?
We are a tight knit, family owned company with forward thinking goals and initiatives! Come grow with us!