The Skycap's job is to check in passengers at curbside. The Skycap must print the boarding pass and issue a tag for the passenger's bag. It is the responsibility of the Skycap to make sure the bag is taken by the Baggage Handler in a timely manner
The Skycap is responsible for assisting passengers by transporting their luggage to various ticket counters within the airport terminal and to other destinations.
- Removes baggage from patron's vehicle and places luggage onto a rolling cart.
- Places baggage on ticket counter in order to be checked-in.
- May assist handicapped patrons by transporting luggage or pushing a wheelchair, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Additional languages desirable
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Must be able to lift and/or move heavy objects that could reach up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Prospect Airport Services is an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.