Desktop Support Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
IT Desktop Support Technician
Denver, Colorado | United States | Fulltime
We are looking to hire a skilled Desktop Support Engineer to assist our clients with computer hardware and software issues. troubleshoots issues on their companys computer network through their knowledge of both software and hardware.
An effective Desktop Support Specialist must be great at communicating with customers over the phone and should have strong listening abilities to understand and resolve the customers problem. Its best if they have extensive knowledge and experience operating different software and hardware systems to successfully solve an abundance of technical issues customers may have.
They should also possess great customer service skills to patiently and calmly handle customers who are frustrated with their systems technical problems. Great Desktop Support Specialists must use problem solving and critical thinking abilities to come up with logical solutions to various hardware and software issues.
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities are listed in the job description below:
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Basic networking support/troubleshooting tasks, i.e., user account creation, Email accounts, backups, Desktop/Laptop/Server/Wireless configuration, Spyware/Virus Removal and general support.
- Setting up desktop computers, laptops and both physical and virtual servers, installing operating systems and software and connecting them to a network.
- In-depth and current hardware and software skills and experience required.
- Must be able to provide desktop support to a variety of end users.
- Consulting tasks, i.e., providing recommendations to the management staff of client companies regarding the improvement in business processes, security, and hardware/software acquisitions.
To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following:
Desktop Support Specialists need the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of computer software, operating systems, hardware and networking
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS) and other software hosting protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Experienced in providing professional and courteous customer service
- Desktop Support Specialists need at least a high school diploma or GED, though an associate or bachelors degree in computer science is preferred, information technology or a related field.
- Many certifications are also available for Desktop Support Specialists, including Microsoft, Apple and CompTIA credentials.
This position is in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not, now or in the future, require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic & Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance
- We contribute 3% of your salary to your 401K account (regardless of whether you participate)
- 15 days of PTO when you join us and 20 days once you reach your first year
- 9 Paid observed holidays
We understand that we need exceptional talent to accomplish our mission - therefore we place great emphasis on the people component of IT, and we strive constantly to attract, develop, and retain the best people. We cultivate an ethos and environment within which our people are focused, nurtured, and continually challenged to develop and improve their competencies in a fun and rewarding culture.
We like to think we get the work/life balance right at prosource.it.
While everyone is challenged and must work hard on the job, we always try to organize events and fun nights out with our team and their families.
TechnologyView all jobs at Prosource.IT