Propulsion Controls Engineering’s (PCE) purpose is to provide the highest quality services to meet the needs of our customers while ensuring a safety and beneficial workplace for our employees. PCE has a current opening for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant, at our Hawaii location.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources, Payroll, Accounting and PCE Company President. He/she will providing support in various office administrative duties and functions.
- Main contact for employees and visitors in the Front Lobby.
- Performs general office, accounting and administrative tasks as needed.
- Performs day-to-day Human Resources tasks.
- Responsible for entering and assisting with the maintenance of employee information in the ADP HRIS.
- Assist with recruiting efforts including contacting candidates, scheduling interviews, offer letter and communicating with temp agencies.
- Assists employees with Human Resources/Payroll questions, concerns, and/or issues.
- Assists in the organization of Employee Relation events.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel & payroll information.
- Assists with all aspects of office supplies ordering, inventory and storage.
- Assists in maintaining Human Resources / Accounting files as requested which includes filing, organizing, and categorizing.
- Effectively follows written and verbal instructions
- Clearly communicates with office personnel, customers, and/or business associates in both written and verbal communications.
- Efficient and reliable when working individually or within a team environment.
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Ensures confidentiality of organization’s proprietary/financial information.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Certification:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in Office environment
- Experienced in data entry, copying, and scanning operations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Superior organizational skills
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Must be able to effectively communicate (both verbal and written)
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Able to handle difficult situations with diplomacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher).
Environmental Factors / Physical Demands/Mental Requirements:
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform Essential Functions in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the functions and duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk, use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions, as well as stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Moderate dexterity application of basic skills to use calculator, keyboard, and hand/eye coordination.
Propulsion Controls Engineering
Why Work Here?
Provide quality services to meet our customers needs while ensuring a beneficial workplace for our employees since 1974.