The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for the physical upkeep of the community and is under the direction if the Property Manager and Director of Maintenance. He or she must maintain and operate all mechanical equipment and supervise all maintenance employees
Successful Candidates Must Have:
· 3-5+ years of prior site maintenance hands on management or apartment maintenance supervisory experience.
· Routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC, dry wall, boiler repair, and other related general repair and maintenance skills required using both hand and power tools. Ordering, inventory, hazard material knowledge is important.
· Prior supervision experience including training and performance management skills.
· Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills required for interaction with residents, visitors and fellow employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under his or her direction.
· Hire and terminate employees in accordance with Willow Creek policy and under the direction of the Property Manager and Director of Maintenance.
· Document and counsel maintenance employees to improve their work and work attitudes.
· Establish work schedules and assign personnel routine maintenance tasks.
· Make certain the community always has maintenance coverage in case of emergencies or emergency work requests. Ability to be on emergency “on call” status to respond to emergency work order.
· Perform all duties with the highest consideration for safety, and train and be responsible for all staff members to do so as well.
· Conduct monthly safety meetings with staff and document the topics that were discussed. Emphasize safety with all employees.
· Continually inspect buildings, grounds and common areas to identify needed preventative maintenance, to ensure that the buildings, grounds and common areas are being properly maintained and to identify current and potential safety hazards.
· Maintain a clean, safe and well-organized shop and equipment storage area in compliance with all OSHA regulations, i.e. maintain Hazard Communication Program, SDS, State and Federal posters and posting OSHA summary forms.
· Perform necessary maintenance and repairs in apartments with work orders.
· Strive that all work orders are completed within 24 hours.
· Ability to negotiate with vendors and outside contractors as needed.
· Turn vacant units into ready for occupancy units in accordance with Willow Creek standards.
· Use contract labor whenever it becomes cost effective, following approval by the Property Manager or Director of Maintenance.
· Strictly follow established budgetary guidelines.
· Follow all Willow Creek purchasing directives and procedures.
· Maintain operating manuals, warranty records and other materials pertaining to general inventory and parts replacement and availability.
· Keep abreast of developments in the field, including new products and new and less expensive ways of making repairs.
· Always maintain the highest standards of customer service for residents.
· Monitor all O&M programs (i.e. Asbestos, Lead Based Paint and Mold and Fungi) in place on the community to ensure that all O&M Specialists, Consultants, Contractors and/or employees are notified of the presence of these substances when work to be performed may involve the disturbance of these substances. Ensure that all work is performed following the established O & M Program.
· Maintain all records and reports relating to O&M Programs to ensure the property is in full compliance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Frequent lifts and carries up to 45 pounds. (i.e. 5-gallon paint can)
Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds. (i.e. bag of concrete)
Pushes and/or pulls (appliances) using appliance dolly up to 200 pounds
Moves objects from one floor to another
Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists
Environmental Demands: Indoor 50% Outdoors 50%
· Reliable transportation and current driver’s license needed for on call emergency service and potential maintenance supply purchases.
· CFC Certification
· CPO Certification
· Plumbing Skills
· Carpentry Skills
· Electrical Skills
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations and SDS standards
Position offers outstanding growth potential, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, health, dental and vision insurance. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace.
Why Work Here?Willow Creek Properties
A great company with lots of growth potential