Property Management is presently accepting resumes for a full-time Assistant Community Manager for one of our newest apartment communities in Columbia, SC. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company with a broad future and a promote-from-within company culture.
We are seeking polished, engaging and energetic leaders with management experience and a commitment to apply their very best in a high-energy, upscale environment that rewards your efforts. Through training, coaching and continued education we develop our community managers to become the best in the industry!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous commission structure, full medical and dental benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, continued training, advancement opportunities and much more!
Under the immediate supervision of the Regional Manager and the Community Manager, the Assistant Community Manager is responsible for all aspects of leasing production at an apartment community.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Maximize rental revenue by maintaining high occupancy and reduction of vacancy loss, bad debt loss, and concessions
· Lead and supervise a team consisting of leasing/marketing personnel and maintenance personnel
· Supervise apartment turnover process (including move-in/out inspections, processing applications, and monitoring unit “make-ready” requirements). Minimize unit “down-time” and vacancy loss due to turnover
· Have an in-depth understanding of site leasing trends, traffic patterns and product availability
· Ensure all sales & leasing models are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance and proactively communicate any problems to the appropriate party to address
· Improve Net Operating Income (NOI) through revenue maximization and expense controls while maintaining the physical asset
· Recommend changes to rents and fees in accordance with market changes
· Review and analyze monthly financial statements
· Supervise, monitor, and process accounts payable including posting, coding, and approving all site invoices
· Administer tenant leases and maintain good tenant relations; review, understand and enforce lease terms. Communicate with tenants to address their needs and resolve any issues. Ensure the proper execution of all screening procedures
· Prepare annual budgets and review monthly financial reports for individual portfolio properties and provide to owners monthly and quarterly
· Perform periodic inspections of the properties. Maintain the assigned Portfolio at a high level of appearance and performance. Resolve emergency maintenance issues
· Obtain and supervise third party vendors; evaluate service contract requirements and establish performance specifications and documents; manage the competitive bid process
· Completes other tasks as directed and assigned.