Are you an experienced, hands-on, property manager who is looking for serious advancement with a dynamic, fast growing, residential property management firm here in Southeastern Maine?
If you are, then we may be just the company for you.
We are Property Management Services of Maine. We manage dozens of homeowner and condominium associations from high rise buildings on the beach to expansive developments of upscale single family homes from York Maine to South Portland. Most of our associations have a combined total value worth tens to hundreds of millions of dollars.
As one of our property managers, you will manage and oversee the operation of the association from building and infrastructure maintenance to the administrative, financial, and operational affairs of the association. You are accountable to the association’s board of directors. As their operational ‘arm’ they look to you for sound advice and recommendations on the short and long term management of the property. While you will have lots of resources and support at your disposal, make no mistake about it, you are in charge, responsible, and accountable.
Yes, it’s a diverse and demanding role but one that brings substantial rewards to the manager who succeeds.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
- Firsthand knowledge of property and building infrastructure: from the foundation to the roof and everything in between. While it’s not necessary to be a certified building engineer or tradesman, you must have a working knowledge of all such areas.
- Exceptional skills: written and verbal communication, planning, budgeting, facilitating complex discussions and negotiations, critical thinking skills, along with outstanding time management and self-organization skills.
- Patience, diplomatic tact, a knack for details, and being as reliable as the sun rising every day.
What is the scope of your duties and responsibilities?
- Manage the entirety of the association’s property.
- Develop, implement, manage preventative maintenance policies
- Manage day-to-day requirements of the property as defined in and by the contract.
- Inspect property for damages or maintenance requirements.
- Document all inspections and maintenance actions on the property using our state-of-the-art software.
- Schedule and oversee maintenance and property improvement projects.
- Act as general contractor to property repairs and renovations
- Manage all property personnel, contractors and sub-contractors (landscapers, cleaning crews, etc.)
- Administer association approved property policies and rules.
- Establish process protocols for emergencies.
- Maintain and update property records
- Document and track expenses, invoices, receipts, and warranties.
- Maintain a positive and proactive relationship with the association board and membership.
What resources are here to support you and your role as the Property Manager?
- Experienced tradesman and contractors all with a proven track record.
- State-of-the-art hardware and software that puts all of the information you need at your fingertips.
- A bookkeeping department that will manage all the accounting functions and track HOA payments automatically.
- Seasoned property managers who work together as a team.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Two or four year bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three+ years of property management, supervision, or related experience
- Working knowledge of Maine state condominium association statutes.
- Working knowledge of condominium legal documents such as declarations and bylaws.
- Experience with property management software.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Familiar with annual association budgeting process.
- Working knowledge of long term capital planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You now know what we are looking for from qualified candidates. What about what you are looking for from us?
Property Management Services of Maine (PMSM for short) is a young, energetic, people-centered company. We love what we do, we thrive on accomplishment, we encourage and reward initiative, teamwork, and respect for one another. Everyone contributes, everyone has a voice, everyone can, and does, make a difference.
_ It's a Recipe for Success..._
When you have the right people working together in a positive environment good things happen for all. Our business has doubled in each of the last year three years. Our we love our customers, and honestly, they love us. Why? We deliver exceptional service, on time, every time. How do we do that? There are several ingredients that come together in our recipe and one the most important is people. Skilled, experienced, highly motivated people that bring integrity, honesty, and a can-do attitude to everything they do. Other important ingredients: Our core business model, strategy, the latest technology, and strong fundamental business processes.
Why Consider A Career with PMSM?
We'll be honest and upfront with you: We are notthe company for you if all you want is 'just a job'. If that is what you are looking for, we're not a good fit for you. Sorry.
If you possess the qualities described in our ‘recipe’ and have with proven skills and experience, then we have a compelling proposition for you: It’s called a Career Development, and we promise to partner with you to help you achieve your long term career goals at PMSM.
If you are looking for management opportunities, we can offer that to you as well. As a fast growing company, we are looking for people who have the desire to step up and lead by managing a portfolio of properties, or perhaps opening and managing one of our future expansion offices, or even managing one of our divisions.
We may also be a good choice if you are relatively new to property management. Perhaps you are looking for a mid-life career change, or a pre- or post-retirement engagement. Even if you are a newbie to property management but have demonstrable core skills. Talk to us about opportunities that are designed to fit with your objectives.
It’s a new year not to mention a new decade. Don’t stay stuck in a company or a job that isn’t offering you an opportunity to be great and to do great things. Call us.
Property Management Services of Maine
Why Work Here?
We are young, vibrant, fast growing company - You will make a difference here, we promise.