Visit the website for complete job description www.neiders.com
Job Description—Leasing Consultant
Reports To: Manager
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of LEASING CONSULTANT. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed.
Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. It is imperative that you review closely these duties, skills and physical requirements and that you understand that by signing the Job Description Acknowledgement, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities necessary to perform the job as described.
The LEASING CONSULTANT is the property's sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospects, to present professionally the features and benefits of their assigned community and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons. A LEASING CONSULTANT is very service oriented and strives to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their community. The LEASING CONSULTANT will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities.
Non-exempt – eligible for overtime
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
· Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet.
· Inspects models and "market ready" vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness. Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a prospect call, irate resident, service request, etc. Transfers calls to assistant manager or manager when appropriate.
· Greets prospective residents, qualifies, and determines needs and preferences. Professionally presents community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
· Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the manager for marketing property and for improving resident satisfaction.
· Enter all traffic into Yardi
· Correctly completes all lease applications, assists with application verification and notifies prospective residents of results. Type’s miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
· Completes all lease paperwork including related addenda and accepts rents and deposits.
· Completes Guest Card information form on all prospects, sends thank-you notes and performs follow-up.
· Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Inspects move-outs and vacancies.
· Inventories office supplies on periodic basis. Reports needs to manager.
· Organizes and files appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
· Attends company meetings when requested.
· Assists manager and assistant manager in preparation of daily and weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, market surveys, etc.
· Performs any additional duties assigned by assistant manager, manager or supervisor.
Position requires good leasing and closing skills, and the person must be able to type 30 WPM and be organized.
Computer Skills: Word Processing, On-Site Rental System, MS Office, Yardi, Craigslist and other online advertising
Office Equipment: Calculator, Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Telephone.
Work Hours: 20-40 hours per week depending on whether a full or part-time employee. Employee will be required to work a flexible work week.
· National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) desired