Controller (Luxury Residential Cooperative)
Property Management Co. LLC New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
High End Luxury Cooperative located in Eastern Queens, NY is looking for a qualified and experienced Controller to work on site. This position offers a suburban lifestyle with reserved, indoor underground parking and a highly professional and very dynamic management team with whom to enjoy success.
Ideal candidate will have experience working with high end Cooperatives or Condominiums
Duties include but are not necessarily limited to:
· Supervise the accounting staff
· Assist the Treasurer, Finance committee, Various Other committees, General Manager, Management Staff and Department Heads with the financial aspects of their duties
· Serve as Acting GM in absence of GM
· Provide comprehensive support to underlying mortgage refinancing efforts including participation in brokering and negotiating $61 million to $75 million mortgages. Coordinating the efforts of appraisers, attorneys’, and complete document production.
· Assist Attorney, General Counsel and Special Counsel as well as Certiorari Counsel support
· Address financial inquiries of shareholders, potential shareholders, mortgage lenders.
· Attend Board of Directors & Committee meetings (in person or via Zoom)
· Monitor, document and enhance internal controls in cooperation with the Finance Committee and the external auditors.
· Prepare Monthly financial reports on accrual basis for the Board of Directors
· Budget preparation (total more than $50 million in revenue for this $1 billion asset)
· Invest and manage corporate funds at the instruction of the Treasurer in accordance with corporate policy.
· Coordinate procurement of Insurance and Employee Benefits.
· Coordination of Finance Committee activities.
· Ensure tax compliance with Federal, State and NYC authorities including preparation and filing of NYS Sales Tax filings and corporate tax filings as prepared by external auditors.
· Supervise issuance of maintenance bills and collect maintenance.
· Supervise and review payment of bills for everything from supplies to the mortgage.
· Consult and review the work product of the screening coordinator and advise the screening committee chair.
· Coordinate and/or perform maintenance, repairs and install data processing systems in coordination with a very knowledgeable outside service company.
· Streamline the function of the outside auditors by preparation of annual work papers; financial statements and shareholder tax deduction data so that they can conduct their audit in the most expeditious manner.
· Assist with certain Spectrum Cable issues.
· Assist with or perform any other task when and as required to ensure management team success
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
· Minimum of 7+ years of relevant real estate accounting experience
· Real estate management accounting experience preferred
· CPA strongly preferred
· Fundamental understanding of US GAAP; experience in cooperative housing companies
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; MDS real estate accounting software experience is a big plus
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines and work in a high energy team-oriented environment
· Ability to prepare, review and analyze financial statements and audit work papers
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong managerial skills
· Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
Property Management Co. LLCWhy Work Here?
Come Join A Phenomenal Team
Salary commensurate with experience