New Client Onboarding Accounting Manager - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Propeller helps great entrepreneurs build great companies. Since 2010 we have worked with a large number of successful early stage companies -- Casper, Away, Hims, Good Culture, Alter Eco, Krave Jerky, Right Rice, Welly Health, Sunday, Tea Collection, Fellow Products, and more -- helping the founders and investors build and scale their businesses.
We are expanding our New Client Onboarding Team and hiring experienced Accounting Managers and accountants familiar with the numbers and processes behind quickly-growing consumer products, food beverage and SaaS companies. Our New Client Onboarding Team is responsible for the experience and setup of Propeller's newest clients across all our service offerings and key industries. The team transforms our new clients' financials and deploys our best practices and suite of cloud-based applications, leveraging the deep industry experience we've gained from managing the accounting and financial processes for more than 650 early- stage and venture-backed companies. The team manages the onboarding project, budget, and statement of work for clients and collaborates with individuals from our International Team and our ongoing Accounting Support Teams to ensure all new clients are set up for success.
We are looking for builders, project managers and the client-service-obsessed who share our passion for numbers, systems, and helping entrepreneurs reach new heights. We operate in a fast- paced environment that offers a variety of challenges and opportunities to gain more experience in several areas of accounting -- positioning you for growth and exposing you to the next level of financial accounting.
This is a hands on accounting and project management position. We are looking for someone who derives great satisfaction from communicating with clients, managing an end-to-end process, coordinating a team, handling accounting transactions, and building out best practices and procedures. The person must be able to prioritize and multitask while working on multiple clients. There will be tons of client interaction and problem solving, as well as some administrative work to keep things running smoothly.
- Engage with clients to develop an understanding of their team, business models and needs
- Deliver high quality client service to the CEOs and Founders within your portfolio of clients
- Partner with Propeller Directors and CFOs to manage client relationships
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients' accounting questions and needs during the onboarding phase
Project Management & Accounting
- Oversee the successful progression of the new client onboarding process -- from the time a client signs with Propeller to the time they transition to a steady-state relationship
- Transform client financials to industry best practices and accrual standards
- Set up cloud-based applications including Bill.com and expense management software
- Lead the creation of month-end close processes and supporting schedules
- Develop and document complex accounting processes and scalable procedures with strong controls, including internal processes that impact the financials
- Oversee teams performing clean up, reconciliations, standard weekly and monthly accounting, and bookkeeping
- Work towards and ultimately deliver accurate consolidated financial statements
- Train client teams on best practices
Mentorship & Collaboration
- Mentor and develop a team of Propeller accountants by reviewing their work and ensuring adequate opportunities for training and new experiences
- Allocate and delegate work across the team to balance workload and training opportunities
- Partner with colleagues across the company and within the team to learn industry best practices and to implement and integrate new processes
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 6 years of operational accounting experience
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with full close-cycle accounting
- Experience developing complex accounting processes and documentation
- Experience working in multiple General Ledger systems (QBO, QBD, Xero, Netsuite)
- Experience with cloud-based accounting applications (Bill.com, Tallie, Expensify)
- Working knowledge of inventory and inventory management systems (Dear, SOS Cin7)
- Experience collaborating with and managing a team
- Knowledge of consulting business model and tools in multi-client environment
- A passion for leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- CPA and/or Big-4 experience a plus
- Expertise working with venture-backed start-ups a plus
At Propeller Industries, we encourage our employees and our clients to bring their true selves to the organization. We believe that a diverse team enables us to cultivate and improve upon our culture of inclusion and collaboration. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. So however you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply for this role if you share our passion for helping great entrepreneurs build great companies. We look forward to meeting you!
Current Benefits Offered: Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay, Comprehensive health benefits (with a fully paid medical plan option for employees) plus dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. HSA contribution, Paid Family Leave, 401k match and Remote Work.
About Propeller Industries:
We're builders, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers who draw our inspiration from the incredible leaders we serve. Nearly 15 years ago, we set out to find a better way to help the country's leading startups navigate the financial hazards that follow their first institutional funding. Today, Propeller's 350+ full-time professionals on three continents are proud to be considered the premier finance and accounting partner to many of the most iconic emerging companies across the CPG, DTC, Technology, Crypto, and Professional Services industries. We are more than just an outsourced CFO and accounting provider; we are a growth partner for our clients. With a best-in-class technology platform, coupled with unparalleled data and workflow optimization tools, we give founders the visibility and confidence to make smarter decisions.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Propeller Industries