Accounting Manager - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are: We're builders, entrepreneurs, and problem-solvers who draw our inspiration from the incredible leaders we serve. Nearly 15 years ago, we set out to find a better way to help the country's leading startups navigate the financial hazards that follow their first institutional funding. Today, Propeller's 350+ full-time professionals on three continents are proud to be considered the premier finance and accounting partner to many of the most iconic emerging companies across the CPG, DTC, Technology, Crypto, and Professional Services industries. We are more than just an outsourced CFO and accounting provider; we are a growth partner for our clients. With a best-in-class technology platform, coupled with unparalleled data and workflow optimization tools, we give founders the visibility and confidence to make smarter decisions.
Title: Accounting Manager
Reports To: Director of Accounting, Pod Lead
Location: Remote (In person meetings as needed)
Role overview: The Accounting Manager is responsible for delivering value and accounting services to clients from Propeller's portfolio of fast-growing consumer brand, technology and food & beverage companies. This includes leading teams of accountants to provide weekly, monthly and year-end accounting activities. The role offers growth and exposure across several industries.The Accounting Manager collaborate and is supported by our Accounting and Finance Directors, as well as others at Propeller, to manage client relationships, oversee the preparation of monthly financial reporting, and develop and implement accounting policies, procedures and controls for our clients.
Accounting & Reporting
- Lead month-end close process for a portfolio of clients, working with a team of international accountants to complete reconciliations and prepare supporting schedules as needed
- Prepare monthly financial statements including trend and variance analysis
- Own general accounting processes, including streamlining workflow and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Increase efficiency and document complex accounting processes with clients, including internal processes and controls
- Prepare federal, state and local tax and compliance filings such as: 1099s, Delaware Franchise, 3921s, etc.
- Support clients through audits and due diligence as needed
- Actively engage with clients to deliver high quality service to a portfolio of clients in multiple industries
- Partner with Propeller Directors/CFOs to manage client relationships
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients' accounting questions and needs
Management & Collaboration
- Mentor a team of Propeller accountants by reviewing their work and provide ongoing feedback
- Delegate work to accountants to balance workload and increase training opportunities
- Partner with colleagues across the company and within the team to implement and integrate new processes
- At least 6 years of operational accounting experience; multi-client experience required
- Proactive communicator with problem solving and organizational skills
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- A passion for supporting start-up companies, learning and driving process improvements
- Experience with full close-cycle accounting
- Experienced in QBO or Netsuite
- Working knowledge of inventory management and/or revenue recognition
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Expertise working in e-commerce, consumer packaged goods, crypto or SaaS a plus
DEI Statement: At Propeller Industries, we encourage our employees and our clients to bring their true selves to the organization. We believe that a diverse team enables us to cultivate and improve upon our culture of inclusion and collaboration. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. So however you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply for this role if you share our passion for helping great entrepreneurs build great companies. We look forward to meeting you!
Salary range: $90,000 - $120,000 plus bonus, benefits and 401k match
Current Benefits Offered: Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday pay, Comprehensive health benefits (with a fully paid medical plan option for employees) plus dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. HSA contribution, Paid Family Leave, 401k match and Remote Work. We also help you grow in your professional life.
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Propeller Industries
Get fresh Remote Accounting Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.