Shipping Assistant - Film, Memorabilia & Entertainment (Temporary)
Do you love movies? I mean do you really, really love movies? If the answer is “yes!” we are the perfect company for you to work for. You will spend your whole day talking about, working with and being around items used on screen by your favorite stars and everything that goes with it. We have the very best atmosphere here because we share the same never-ending enthusiasm for our product (we are the best in the world at it too!). We get things done at pace through collaboration and excellent planning. If you are lucky enough to be shortlisted for an interview, we are so confident that the people you meet will convince you that you want to join our family that we won’t have to sell it to you.
To keep our shipping team producing at a high quality, accuracy and on schedule with each auction, we are searching for a candidate who will be 'highly professional, organized, detailed and be a superstar.’ You will be a critical part of our shipping team working with exciting costumes, props and inventorying all of all our auction content.
Shipping Assistant (Temporary)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Shipping Assistant is responsible for the shipping of post auction items to clients worldwide. The Shipping Assistant locates and safely packs items for shipment, verifying the contents are safely prepared prior to dispatch. The position also adheres to the shipping department’s daily volume goals and best practices. This position reports to Prop Store Shipping Manager and will interface with Intake, Warehouse Administration, Auction and upper Management.
• Locate, pull, pack and assemble client orders, check documents and reports lost or misplaced items
• Treat all items with extreme care and ensure they are packed very safely into boxes and packages
• Inspect all items prior to shipping and advise Manager of any discrepancies
• Proactively monitors own work for timeliness and accuracy. Ensure items are correctly packaged and safe from damage • Coordinate with Warehouse Administrator to utilize hand tools / pallet jacks to retrieve and prepare items for shipping
• Meet department performance expectations as defined by defined shipping metrics
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail, with the ability to follow work instructions within area of responsibility
• Work effectively under stress and possess the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Possess a collaborative approach and flexibility in working with others in a team environment
• Ability to adapt to changing fast-growing environment
• Performs additional tasks and duties as needed, directed and assigned
• Adhere to Prop Store attendance policy
• Positive attitude with a willingness to collaborate as a team player with co-workers and management
• Customer service oriented and experience in providing customer service support with shipments
• Strong customer facing and communication skills
• Proficient in email and Microsoft Windows environments (Microsoft office, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Possess a love of movies
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
• Process minimum of 6-8 orders within 8-hour window of order receipt
• Pack items safely and securely
*Employment with the company is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Any initial offer of employment will be conditional and you will be asked to consent to a background check prior to being formally hired. If your background check returns results that the Company believes may disqualify you from employment, you will be afforded an opportunity to explain and rebut any adverse information contained within your background check in accordance with state and local law.
Why Work Here?Prop Store are the world leader in Movie Memorabilia. With a 20-year history of growth and ongoing expansion plans. They are the #1 Trusted source by fans and collectors worldwide.
Do you love movies? I mean really love movies? If I said "Lock X Foils in attack position" would you be able to tell me what happens next?
Santa Clarita, CA