The Field Service Technician position is an opportunity to support and service fitness products including Cardio, Strength, Video and Networked systems. We are looking for someone that will be a face of the company to our customers in southern California. The role will be providing a high level of customer care and technical troubleshooting to resolve product and customer issues at customer locations.
II. Scope of Position
Provide technical assistance to facility management, community management and end users. troubleshoot, analyze and repair fitness and entertainment equipment. Ensure a sound working relationship with customers in your territory. Work with Computer Dispatch System for accurate record keeping. Position reports to the Service Manager.
III. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Travels to locations within territory to repair, maintain or refurbish fitness equipment products at customer facilities, as well as perform demonstrations as requested.
· Independently isolate and resolve issues raised by sales partners and customers.
· Diagnoses problems with equipment, assesses the extent of the problem. Makes decision to repair product, replace parts, or recommends replacement of product.
· Demonstrates capacity for analyzing, evaluating, and diagnosing complex equipment problems in a timely fashion.
· Directly interface with all levels of customer's organizations on a wide range of product topics.
· Perform preventive maintenance checks and adjustments.
· The employee must lift a variety of parts and tools, which can weigh up to 100 pounds and the repairs may be performed in awkward positions such as crouching, squatting, kneeling, and stooping. Assistance is not generally available.
· Provide technical supports to customer via on-site and telephone support.
· Advise or train customer on proper operation, maintenance of their fitness equipment.
· Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field.
· Maintains inventory of parts within acceptable shrinkage percentages set by Manager. Manages replenishment of service inventory. Coordinates the disposition of exchanged parts.
· Exhibits a high degree of customer relations skills in servicing existing warranted products and selling extended maintenance contracts.
· Maintains extensive service records (including collecting data for engineers) i.e., logs of customer site visits, maintenance reports, installation reports, technical alert reports, time and materials reports, and warranty/service contract work reports.
· Responsible for satisfying customer service /satisfaction measurements such as, customer response time, average on-site response time, and acceptable call completion rate percentages set by the Service Manager.
· Responsible for meeting revenue and profit generation measurements such as, monthly volume of service contracts, minimum time and material revenue, and average monthly income.
· Company vehicle, DMV record must be insurable
· Must have hand tools and some power tools (i.e. drill, grinder, Dremel, multi-meter)
· Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
· Customer Focus – solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
· Accountability – takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
· Teamwork – Actively assists to move the team toward the completion of goals
· Communication Skills – Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form.
· Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
V. Education and Experience
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
o Minimum of AA in Electronics, Technical School Degree as Electronics Technician, or equivalent Technical Training.
o 2 years professional experience in testing, calibrating and repair of electronic and mechanical parts.
o 2 years professional experience as a Field Service representative.
o Military experience preferred, MOS 15R, 94D, 91P, 94T, 94L, 15N, 68A, 91M, 15U, 91G, 94Y, 94A,91A, 94P, 94S, 91D, 91J, 91S, 91H, 91C, 91B, 94R, 94L, 25L, 94F, 15Y a plus.
o Experience working in a network tech environment is a plus.
o Experience working in a CATV environment is a plus.
o Must have valid driver’s license. Clean DMV record and provide current DMV printout
o Proficiency in verbal and written English.
o Proficient in customer service principles and practices
o Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point, Access.
VI. Working Environment:
• Daily local travel is required.
• Occasionally overnight, weekend or holiday work may be required.
• Working around customer's schedules will require flexibility of working hours of both start and end times during a typical work period.
· Equipment to be serviced will be located in public, government, corporate, private fitness centers and private residences.
- Must be aware of employees and clients in and around repair areas
- Use of power tools
- Protective equipment vary as working conditions are ever changing
Pronto Gym Services is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation