Infusion Nurse - Per Diem - St. Louis, MO
WHO WE ARE
PromptCare is a leading provider of home respiratory and infusion services, serving pediatric and adult patients in 30+ states from 36 locations throughout the United States. Our Hi-Tech, Hi-Touch care offerings deliver superior patient care and outcomes making PromptCare a preferred partner for hospitals, physicians, and payors. PromptCare currently services 6,400+ respiratory patients, 2,500+ infusion patients, and 4,400+ enteral nutrition patients. We estimate that we are the largest provider of ventilation care to pediatric patients in the U.S. Our mission is to be the preferred choice for superior management of complex cases, providing unsurpassed clinical expertise, reliable service, and boundless compassion in transitioning patients to the home setting and reuniting them with their loved ones. Our Differentiation consists of an unrivaled team of respiratory therapists, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, and other care professionals who provide highly sought-after expertise, advice, and patient care. We are the “go-to” provider in our markets among leading pediatric hospitals and care facilities to handle the most acute patient situations. PromptCare holds an expansive payer network participation, supported by a robust billing & collections operation.
PromptCare is looking for a Per Diem - Home Infusion Nurse to service the areas of St. Louis, MO and within a two-hour radius.
The Home Infusion Nurse provides in-home nursing services to our patients. The Nurse collaborates with the patients, family members and PromptCare’s Intake and Sales teams to facilitate patient discharge and coordination of care in the home. Teaching the patients and family members about their therapy and supplies and performing the initial hook-up of patients to their IV therapy to facilitate discharge to the home are also critical elements of the job. On-call requirements are based on region and state.Requirements:
- Must be a Registered Nurse in MO with a license in good standing
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance in good standing
- CPR Certification
- At least 2 years’ experience as a home infusion nurse, or equivalent experience working in another field-based home nursing organization, is required
- IV and PICC certification is strongly preferred
Job Responsibilities, included but not limited to:
- Conducts initial nursing assessments and evaluations to qualify patients for appropriateness and safety of home infusion therapy, along with any other needed specialized nursing care
- Trains patients and/or caregivers in all procedures and equipment
- Provides patients and family members with timely and accurate information, and takes appropriate corrective actions regarding our services to ensure complete satisfaction
- Develops and revises, when necessary, the patient’s plan of care with the patient, family, PromptCare/ARJ Pharmacist, and physician
- Visits all assigned patients as ordered, and documents patient’s compliance, competence, and tolerance to benefits of prescribed therapy, interventions
- Provides direct patient care as ordered and allowed by state law
- Assumes on-call responsibility as assigned on a routine basis
- Coordinates patient’s care with other homecare agencies as necessary
- Counsel patients on therapy management, side effects, and other pertinent issues relative to the patient’s disease/condition and other concerns based on manufacturer guidelines and co-morbidities
- Collaborate with the Pharmacist for clinical recommendations for a change to therapy or other supportive measures to enhance the patient’s response to therapy, as appropriate (infusion rate, pre-medications, supplies, etc.)
- Participates in in-services as requested
- Participates in the identification of nursing PI indicators and the collection of data
- Other duties as assigned
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing and Pulling
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Program
- Referral bonuses & Plum Benefits Discount Ticket Program
- Lunch & Learn Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
The PromptCare Companies is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, genetic disposition, disability, veteran's status or any other characteristic or classification protected by State/Federal/Local laws. We foster a work environment in which diversity and inclusion are embraced, people are hired and advanced on their merits, and employees are treated with mutual respect and dignity.
Prompt Care Companies IncNew Providence, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.