We’re seeking an Entry Level Event Marketing Manager who will be responsible for managing overall strategic planning, development and management of our events. Lead the Event Marketing and Advertising Sales teams to manage project development, sales for special events, sponsorship and promotions. Educate the advertising management and core sales team on the benefits of event marketing and how it can be used as an additional marketing tool to develop and strengthen advertiser relationships.
- Plan for and achieve quarterly revenue goals.
- Build new business by identifying event-related opportunities to drive advertiser results.
- Motivate and train core sales managers and account executives by developing and presenting promotional proposals and programs.
- Work closely with managers and advertising staff to generate interest and participation in event programs.
- Hire, coach, evaluate and motivate staff.
- Evaluate sponsorship proposals.
- Coordinate and implement sponsorship proposals with appropriate members, including marketing, circulation, advertising, community relations.
- Activate all events effectively.
- Responsible for on-going assessment of Event Marketing. Update managers as needed regarding status of goals and new product development.
- Experience in project and product management. Media, advertising or marketing experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to set and achieve goals, to plan and organize creative sales strategies and to
- effectively solve problems.
- Must have strong follow-through and organizational skills to be able to carry out projects requiring up
- to a year of planning.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
PEOPLE WITH THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY: promotional sales, sales representative, sales associate, sales, entertainment, service industry, internship, marketing, marketing representative, marketing/advertising, retail sales, advertising, marketing, sales, customer service, public relations, manager, promotional advertising, entry level, entry-level management, marketing, promotional marketing, business development, sales, communications, management, business development, event coordination, management training program, advancement