Associate Art Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Associate Art Director – Consumer Promotion
Reports To: Art Director, Omni Channel Activation
FLSA Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Who is pep:
pep started with an idea to fill a void in the marketing services space, 7 employees and a borrowed conference room. Today we’ve grown to over 200 people and we are an industry leader in consumer activation, serving some of the top Fortune 500 companies. We’ve managed over $5 billion in marketing spend for over 750 brands and enjoy a client retention rate of 98%.
Our company has evolved and grown since we started 18 years ago, but there’s one thing that has remained a constant. at pep, we put people first. Our values of accountability, excellence, ingenuity, people, and tenacity guide our interactions, decisions, and drive our culture. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment where our team feels seen, cared for and has the support they need to thrive. And our team has reaped the rewards of our growth with new career and development opportunities.
We’re looking for candidates who are driven, eager to learn, agile, positive, and client focused to join and contribute to our team. If this sounds like you and you want to be a part of something special, then click below to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Associate Art Director position is responsible for ideating and developing promotional creative concepts for one of pep’s Fortune 500 CPG clients. This role adheres to and promotes pep’s CPG Client’s values by performing respective duties in a manner that supports and contributes to the achievement of the Client’s brands’ goals and business objectives. A portfolio of relevant past work is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Concepts, designs, revises, and releases final high-resolution files of promotional creative in a timely and accurate manner in response to a creative brief. This includes but is not limited to free standing inserts (FSI), instantly redeemable coupons (IRCs), digital incentives, in-store point of purchase signage, brochures/handouts, and direct mail. Creative may vary in complexity from adaption of a provided brand key visual to completely original designs that are in the appropriate brand tone & manner and always in accordance with provided creative brief.
- Creates unique creative versions (e.g. fast adaptations of base creative by offer value or sub-brand) of promotional material as directed by Client and pep team.
- Attends client meetings with client and respective pep client team representative from initial briefing through creative presentations and feedback sessions.
- Works seamlessly with pep client services team counterparts to ensure timely and high-quality communication and deliverables to ensure client satisfaction.
- Catalogs and files all creative assets in a logical and easily accessible manner in client’s and pep’s asset management platforms for future reference and use; ensures they remain up to date.
- Follows file sharing best practices as files are shared between client, pep, and partners.
- Collaborates with teammates including other creative professionals to complete assignments.
- Must have strong design sensibility and ability to translate a client brief into creative concepts that delivers on the brief requirements
- Understanding of common promotional marketing vehicles and how to design creative that is appropriate for those platforms
- Familiarity with promotional marketing vehicle specs and production file requirements
- Ability to provide and be open to constructive design feedback
- Willingness to flex to help the pep team with other tasks related to the Client’s business as directed
- Strong communication specially to explain rationale for creative recommendation and sell creative ideas
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent design experience with portfolio
- Proficient in MAC OSX, Adobe product suite (specifically Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant creative design experience
- Experience organizing and maintaining files
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Experience with design for consumer goods like fabric, baby, home, skin & personal care
*pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Promotion Execution Partners PEP
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Associate Art Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.