Behavioral Health Technician (Dickson, Nunnelly, Centerville)
The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) provides oversight and support services to clients and staff in a residential treatment facility for adults with co-occurring diagnoses. BHT are responsible for around-the-clock supervision of the client milieu and helping to create and maintain a therapeutic milieu for treatment initiatives. The BHT position is an entry-level position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides services necessary to maintain a functioning milieu, which includes but is not limited to:
- Transportation/pick up of clients
- Safety cleans and adherence to OSHA safety protocols
- Stocking and keeping inventory of client items (i.e., literature, hygiene items, etc.)
- Providing access to hygiene items/necessities to clients (i.e., phones, computer time, etc.)
- Administrative functions necessary to client success (i.e., faxing, ordering, maintenance of client medical records or physical charts, etc.)
- Organizes client belongings and administers access
- Maintain active awareness of clients’ locations and attendance of programming.
- Observe, monitor, intervene upon, and document client behaviors and presentations.
- Completes medication observations, collection and documentation of vitals, and assist medical/nursing team.
- Maintain high quality documentation using appropriate forms in appropriate clinical language.
- Facilitates non-clinical group sessions effectively within skill set and scope of practice.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of one year experience in the addition or mental health fields, preferred.
- High school diploma (or equivalent), preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, required.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; responds well to questions.
- Knowledge of organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, be attentive to detail, and maintain positive work attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand and utilize program knowledge, such as the disease model, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed approaches, experiential approaches, CBT, self-help approaches, and evidence based practices in client care.
- Ability understanding of how to utilize medical knowledge, complete medication observations, observe and assess detox clients, and complete and document vitals.
- Ability to document thoroughly in an electronic medical record.
- Ability to professionally interact and communicate with clients, client family members, referral sources, and vendors.
- Knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as copiers and scanners.
- Must meet pre-employment and maintain all applicable state and job related guidelines for background screening, fingerprinting, drug test, health screening, DMV, insurance, CPR/Basic First Air, and license/credential verifications.
#Mental Health, #Behavioral Health
Promises Behavioral Health, LLCNunnelly, TN
HealthcareView All Promises Behavioral Health, LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.