The DES program supports a highly demanding mission and requires support from top technical and management talent to migrate common IT services for over twenty DoD agencies under a common platform. The successful candidate will play a key role in performing the discovery, design, and migration tasks in support of building a world-class Single Service Provider for the Department of Defense. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience, skill to successfully execute Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) migration to the Department of Defense’s Fourth Estate (DoD 4th Estate) agencies into a Common Use information technology (IT) infrastructure. The candidate will assist in the delivery of Network Infrastructure services that will support the transition, infrastructure, network operations and management, engineering and innovation, cybersecurity services, and technical refresh for a Single Service Provider (SSP) network environment with all 4th Estate users.
• Provide Networking Expertise in network design, integration, test, security, and implementation of Network Services for DISA DODNet.
• Provide expert knowledge of network engineering and operations, large scale enterprise network solution implementation and transition to Network Operations, as well as test and evaluation activities. Perform highly technical maintenance involving network devices routers, switches, security solutions, and WANX.
• Participate in technical development of watch staff.
• Provide tier-III support for Large-scale Enterprise Network operations and NOC watch staff.
• Propose new solutions to Network Domain Architects to define and/or continuously improve:
• Direct STIG compliant configuration baselines, versioning, and compliance tracking
• Evaluate the effectiveness of Automation and best practice insertion opportunities
• Oversee development of SOPs/TTPs
• Continuous Service Improvements (CSI)
• System performance tuning and enhancements
• Create and maintain Engineering Implementation Plans (EIP)
• Evaluate network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements.
• Provide expert knowledge of defense-in-depth standards, Network and Security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements.
• Plan and execute network upgrades and maintenance activities with the appropriate Delivery Operations Managers, NOC Lead, Release Management team and other key stakeholders.
• Serve as the senior Tier III escalation support engineer for Incident Management activities.
• Develop and maintain technical documents, analyses, and reports.
• Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis for Problem Management activities.
• Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and mission-focused environment.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years; additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Effective written and oral communication and problem solving skills.
• Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification prior to onboarding (example: CompTIA Security+ CE).
• Proficiency in at least one of: enterprise-class firewall technologies, proxies, load balancers, and other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies.
• Secret clearance
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
• Hybrid- telework and on-site
Prominent Global SolutionsFort Meade, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.