Network Engineer Lead
The DES program supports a highly demanding mission and requires support from top technical and management talent to migrate common IT services for over twenty DoD agencies under a common platform. The candidate will play a key role in performing the discovery, design, and migration tasks in support of building a world-class Single Service Provider for the Department of Defense. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience, skill, and leadership to successfully execute Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) migration to the Department of Defense’s Fourth Estate (DoD 4th Estate) agencies into a Common Use information technology (IT) infrastructure. The candidate will assist in the delivery of Network Infrastructure services that will support the transition, infrastructure, network operations and management, engineering and innovation, cybersecurity services, and technical refresh for a Single Service Provider (SSP) network environment with all 4th Estate users.
• Serve as a senior engineer, leading a group of specialists in infrastructure discovery and the development of migration plans
• Provide hands-on engineering and technical leadership for overall migration planning and implementation tasks
• Oversee and coordinate migration planning activities while monitoring and managing risks
• Manage and oversee development of infrastructure discovery efforts and migration plans
• Provide regular migration updates to Government leadership; identify risks, dependencies, and propose mitigation activities to deliver migrations on schedule and within budget.
• Staff migration teams with individuals certified in a standardized migration approach that maintains a mission-first focus that minimizes risks
• Work across team members to document migration lessons learned for continual improvement of future migration activities
• Identify automation opportunities for staff reductions and improved service delivery
• Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Experience planning and executing large/complex IT migrations and consolidations.
• Experience with discovery, event management and ITSM tools.
• In-depth understanding of cloud and network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Familiarization of DISA, DOD regulations, and directives.
• Secret clearance
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
• Hybrid- telework and on-site (as needed)
Prominent Global SolutionsFort Meade, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.