The role of Continuing Education Consultant is a key position in the business, supporting an external client in the financial services industry. This position is responsible for developing a framework to evaluate and approve continuing education courses and instructors for a particular CE program in the field of investment advising and regulations. The Manager is responsible for developing a timeline for project deliverables; conducting meetings with the client and staff members/contractors working on the project; developing project deliverables, including criteria, rubrics, guidelines, and a CE provider handbook; and managing the project throughout its duration.
The Continuing Education Consultant is expected to work both independently, as well as collaboratively, to ensure project completion. This position is a hands-on manager who will be responsible for writing most of the deliverables.
This is a fulltime contractor position through May 2021, with the possibility of becoming a fulltime Prometric employee after that time. The fulltime employee will be responsible for implementing the criteria, rubrics, and processes developed during the first phase of the project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Establishing a framework for evaluating and approving CE courses and course providers for a particular CE program, to include:
- · Conduct kickoff meeting with client
- · Develop Framework project plan, timeline, and owners
- · Develop CE framework that establishes criteria to evaluate and approve potential CE course providers, including applications and related materials
- · Establish criteria by which course providers remain in good standing
- · Establish criteria to evaluate and approve potential CE course instructors
- · Establish criteria by which course instructors remain in good standing
- · Establish the content rubric used to evaluate potential CE courses and the criteria used to approve courses
- · Establish guidelines for renewal of courses
- · Establish guidelines for communicating with course providers and instructors regarding approval status of new and renewal applications
- · Define the process used by course providers or instructors to appeal denial of an application
- · Define the process for performing audits of course sessions across all delivery methodologies
- · Develop a list of approved providers based on the framework criteria
- · Develop and publish a Provider Handbook
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree – preferably in Higher Education, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of experience directly interacting with clients
- Experience evaluating continuing education coursework, including criteria and content rubrics
- Proven experience writing high quality products
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects, including developing project timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word and Teams
Why Work Here?
Remote Contract position, very flexible