Tax & Treasury Analyst
Prometheus Real Estate Group San Mateo, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tax and Treasury Analyst
Prometheus Real Estate Group
San Mateo, CA
We are focused on Good Living for the Greater Good. This means providing a true sense of home and belonging for our Neighbors and Prometheans and giving our time and resources to bring positive change locally and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
The Tax & Treasury Analyst is a part of our Tax & Treasury Team and is responsible for maintaining tax records, assisting in the preparation of Federal, State, and Local tax compliance, and researching and inputting financial information into software applications and models. You will be responsible for assisting with important financial and tax related preparation and filing and supporting the team with various tax and cash processes.
- You’re passionate about all things tax related. You are a key support in the preparation of tax related documents, like workpapers, returns and projections and assist with filing extensions, maintaining Secretary of State annual filings and the renewals of business licenses.
- You’re also passionate about the cash process. Not only do you serve as full backup to Treasury, you will also be processing daily cash position and funding requirements, monitoring wire and bank transfers and administer bank related software and programs like Kyriba Treasury Workstation. Plus, you will be responsible for managing bank accounts, assisting in cash movement, and administration of corporate cards.
- You focus on the little things. Other financial responsibilities include assisting in the collection of unclaimed property, maintaining the audits of Corporate payables and authorizations, maintaining various lines of credit, CD, and money market accounts as well as assisting in IRS, FTB or various county audits.
The Tax & Treasury Analyst will also play a key role in the following:
- Maintaining Important Tax and Cash Processes: You will be responsible for making sure details are correct, forms are filed, and accounts monitored. You’ll be focused on accuracy and efficiency and know how to leverage tools to help support our Tax and Treasury team.
- Analyzing Financing and Investing Needs: In this role, you’ll use data and analytics to help assist the process of performing long term cash flow analysis and research new products to enhance our strategy of cost-effective and efficient Treasury services. You’re comfortable with your ability to identify opportunities and also create scalable solutions.
HERE'S MORE OF THE NITTY-GRITTY:
Our new Tax and Treasury Analyst possesses the following experience, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Accounting or related field preferred).
- 0-2 years of Tax and/or Cash Management experience.
- Experience with daily cash positioning, funding of bank accounts and short-term investments, and prior use of a Treasury Workstation preferred but note required (we are willing to train).
- California Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP) holder or working toward designation a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Strong organization and critical thinking skills, with attention to detail while ensuring security of confidential information.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and purpose driven company, focused on brand distinction and experience.
- Big picture thinking — you know how the little details impact the big picture, and can adjust the former to impact that latter.
- You are not afraid to break norms, create new things, and think differently. In fact, it’s kind of what you are known for.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays, including your birthday!
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Prometheus Real Estate GroupWhy Work Here?
Fantastic culture, room for growth and development, and awesome benefits (100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)!
We believe in Good Living for the Greater Good. We create places, homes and Neighborhoods where people belong, crafting every detail of the experience and every inch of the design. We transform apartment living and create Neighborhoods that enhance and enrich the lives of our Neighbors. A Bay Area native since 1965, Prometheus now resides in the Bay Area, Portland, and Seattle and we are proud of our connection to the community through our philanthropic efforts as well as our certification as a B Corporation. Come see what we're about at https://prometheusapartments.com.
1900 S. Norfolk StreetSan Mateo, CA
Finance and Insurance