Strategic Planner/Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Prometheus Federal Services (PFS), a trusted partner to federal health and social services agencies, has an opening for a Strategic Planner Project Manager with Health Care experience in Washington, DC. You will work closely with and support Federal health agency clients in the planning and implementation of major strategic and organizational transformation initiatives. You will collaborate with client leadership to set expectations for deliverables, shape work product development, and ensure quality delivery from our analyst staff in addition to supporting performance management and continuous process improvement for our clients. The ideal candidates will have expertise and experience working with or for the VA and HHS as a contractor or employee to implement high visibility and/or enterprise-level projects, programs and initiatives. Experience working as a trusted advisor and/or leading similar projects, programs and initiatives with other large health systems is also preferred.
The Strategic Planner Project Manager will be highly knowledgeable and experienced in health systems management; program management and program implementation; communications/change management; budget analysis; and program analysis. The candidates should be able to lead a team of analysts in developing process flow diagrams with supporting documentation that address systems development process in its current state, the optimal end state, and the changes required to get from the former state to the latter state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Strategic Planner Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing projects to conceptualize, design, and develop a wide range of solutions, to include:
- Building artifacts
- Leading pilot projects
- Maintaining the Work Breakdown Structure and tracking progress to meet specific client requirements
- Coordinating with consultants and subcontractors providing supplemental support
- Determining the optimum mix of skills and modalities to meet client requirements
- Establishing project-specific templates and delivery standards
- Providing quality assurance for work products
- Effectively leading a project team
- Developing client briefing documents, reports, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 8 years professional work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Management Consulting or Health Care Industry
- Experience and knowledge building artifacts
- Experience or ability to lead pilot projects
- Employee relationship skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Authorized to work in the U.S. indefinitely without sponsorship
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust if required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Management consulting experience within the area of health systems management
- Deep experience with planning at both strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrated success conducting research and data analysis to inform business decisions
- Ability to map long-term plans & goals into tactical objectives and actionable steps
- Ability to build multi-year plans and present to executive audiences
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead the implementation of a pilot and/or proof of concept
- Ability to draft and develop executive-level decision memorandums
- Demonstrated success in influencing and facilitating executive stakeholders
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position may be subject to client or government vaccination and masking guidance, policy or requirements as may be changed from time to time.
Work location is flexible if approved by the company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Powered by JazzHR
Prometheus Federal Services
BusinessView all jobs at Prometheus Federal Services