- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ProList, one of the premier mail and marketing services companies of the mid-Atlantic region, is seeking Warehouse Workers to join its team located in Frederick, MD.
ProList employs employees from varied backgrounds and cultures, and offers major medical insurance, a health reimbursement account, paid vacation leave, short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death insurance, a ProList-sponsored retirement account (401K), and an employee assistance program.
The Warehouse Worker assists with all functions of the receiving department and is responsible for receiving, tagging, putting away, job pulling, returns to inventory and dispatching. We seek Warehouse Workers who enjoy this important work which is crucial to company efficiency, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Accepting delivery of inventory.
- Counting and confirming inventory.
- Inspecting inventory for damage and faults.
- Communicating errors to relevant parties.
- Marking and labeling stock.
- Storing inventory in an accessible manner.
- Loading and wrapping stock on skids (or pallets).
- Building loads with forklift and electronic skid jack.
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness and safety of work environment.
- Notify the Receiving Supervisor and Customer Service of any potential issues with quality, cost, or delivery schedule.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and hazard-free work area by following all housekeeping SOP.
- Assist in the training and cross-training of new and less experienced workers.
- Clock-in and clock-out at the right times. Be punctual. Have good attendance. Request leave with adequate notice. Communicate clearly about any concerns. Avoid uncertainty about your availability.
- Other functions as necessary, including assisting Production personnel with various duties or expediting orders to meet delivery schedules.
Specific procedures include:
- Receiving: Unload Trucks. Verify carton count against packing slip. Note and record any damages to material, after verifying sign for material. Pull samples of all material for data entry and to advise Customer Service Project Managers.
- Data Entry: Verify quantities against packing slip. Notify Project Manager if there are any discrepancies. Enter receiving information into inventory software program. Add to inventory. Generate receipt ticket and skid flags. Bundle receipt ticket and samples and place in bin to return to HQ. Verify that all the information on the skid flags is correct. Attach skid flags to the sides of material
- Job Issuing and Pulling: All material will be issued based on material matrix provided by the Project Manager by mail date. Issue material from Matrix plus 5% for potential spoilage. Print inventory transaction. Place in Job Pull Bin. Pull jobs in order of dates. Verify material and quantities against matrix. On the pulled matrix, identify the correct number, notations and all material. Place material in designated location.
- Overage/ Returns (RTW): Match material to inventory transaction ticket and piece code. Count material. Add material to inventory software program. Replace skid flags with new flags. Ensure any pre-project required cleaning routines and maintenance checks are undertaken.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Work experience as general laborer, preferably in warehouse.
- Forklift license or ability to operate a forklift proficiently (Training will be provided, as necessary).
- Valid MD driver’s license.
- Strong people skills.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights.
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance.
- Available to work extended hours.
- Capable of reading and understanding job ticket instructions.
- Problem solving and initiative.
- Organized. Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
- Teamworker. Communicative. Friendly. Able to work with others.
- Ability to input data and obtain information from inventory software.
- Ability to work to deadlines and schedules and be available for overtime to meet customer needs.
Regular office hours are from 8.00am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, bend or twist their body, repeat similar or the same movements, stand or sit for long periods of time.
The employee may also need to make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls, move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place, choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals, use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects, see details of objects that are more than a few feet away, determine the distance between objects, react quickly using hands, fingers, or feet, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects, adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects, hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm, use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired, focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
The employee may also need to use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects, see differences between colors, shades, and brightness, while looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side, hear sounds and recognize the difference between them, understand the speech of another person, speak clearly so listeners can understand, be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath, use muscles for extended periods without getting tired, move arms and legs quickly, keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position, see objects in bright or glaring light, see objects in low light.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and infrequently move 75-100 pounds, using tools and machinery to do so, as needed.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and satisfactory reference check. They must also be a U.S. citizen, or have permanent resident status, or be able to provide authorization to work in the U.S. Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
ProList is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
ProList Core Values
ProList values honesty and integrity, individual responsibility, striving for excellence, respect for the individual, and helping others.
ProList Working Culture
In a recent staff survey, the most cited reasons for why current employees recommend ProList included: The camaraderie and sense of “family;” Hands-on ownership and senior management; ProList’s employee benefits; Opportunities for learning and development; Opportunities for increased responsibility; Stable company of many years, with stable work; Feeling valued as an employee and as a person; ProList is investing in the future.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ProList is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if you think this is a role and a working environment in which you could succeed and have you looking forward to coming to work every day.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Prolist Inc