Prolist Inc Frederick, MD
- Posted: 16 days ago
Opportunity for remote, or in-person, or a hybrid remote/in-person working arrangement
ProList, one of the premier mail and marketing services companies of the mid-Atlantic region, is seeking a Data Analyst to join its team located in Frederick, MD.
ProList employs employees from varied backgrounds and cultures, and offers major medical insurance, a health reimbursement account, paid vacation leave, short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death insurance, a ProList-sponsored retirement account (401K), and an employee assistance program.
Our operations utilize the latest technologies in camera-match systems for high-touch match mailing campaigns, state of the art inserters and large format digital ink jet presses.
The Data Analyst position is responsible for building and executing data processing projects within RedPoint Data Management software. This includes the assembly of RedPoint workflows from templates and macros, developing job specific logic, executing RedPoint workflows, and checking outputs for quality. The Analyst will also create workflows using the Inspire Designer software from client art/copy, implement job specific logic and formatting, create proofs, and check output for quality.
- Participate in a continuous improvement environment, focusing on optimizing efficiency and maximizing effectiveness.
- Review project instructions and consult SOPs to understand client requirements for processing.
- Analyze data files for structure, content, and format, load files into RedPoint Data Management software, and convert files into ProList’s house format.
- Develop project-based workflows from existing templates and macros, customizing as needed.
- Configure or create job-specific reporting.
- Execute workflows, check data at Q/C stages, and review reports and final output for accuracy.
- Identify opportunities for automation.
- Import client documents into the Inspire Designer software and format according to client specifications.
- Create and implement art/text logic with conditions to support client’s personalization requirements.
- Produce proofs/setups, as well as print-ready production PDF files.
- Engage in a hive-mind atmosphere, collaborating with fellow team members to troubleshoot and develop solutions.
- Author and maintain internal workflow comments, notes, and documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date job statuses and notes.
- Collaborate with Customer Service Project Managers to help resolve client questions/issues.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Other functions as Management deems necessary.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associates degree or a vocational qualification with an emphasis on statistical and analytical skills, such as computer or data science, math or economics preferred.
- Basic knowledge of current practices of computer programming. Prior data processing or programming experience or knowledge of Direct Mail applications such as RedPoint, Inspire, or similar tools is preferred. Knowledge of ETL, SQL is a plus.
- One-two years of work experience.
- Strong logic and critical thinking skills are essential. A methodical and logical approach. Ability to deal with problems involving abstract and concrete variables in standardized and non-standardized situations.
- Ability to plan and work to deadlines. Capable of prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Self-discipline and great organizational skills. An independent and successful troubleshooting skills.
- Self-confidence and reliable judgement. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on common goals. Consistent enthusiastic effort and focus.
- A high level of mathematical ability.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Availability for overtime to meet customer needs.
Regular 40-hour work week schedule from 8.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to operate typical office equipment such as a computer, telephone, copy machine, etc., and, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use their hands to handle, control, or feel equipment, objects, tools, or controls, and repeat the same movements, understand the speech of another person, speak clearly so listeners can understand. It is not as important, but still necessary, for the employee to be able to see details of objects that are more than a few feet away, see differences between colors, shades, and brightness, hear sounds and recognize the difference between them, focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and satisfactory reference check. They must also be a U.S. citizen, or have permanent resident status, or be able to provide authorization to work in the U.S. Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
Equal Employment Opportunity.
ProList is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
ProList Core Values
ProList values honesty and integrity, individual responsibility, striving for excellence, respect for the individual, and helping others.
ProList Working Culture
In a recent staff survey, the most cited reasons for why current employees recommend ProList included: The camaraderie and sense of “family;” Hands-on ownership and senior management; ProList’s employee benefits; Opportunities for learning and development; Opportunities for increased responsibility; Stable company of many years, with stable work; Feeling valued as an employee and as a person; ProList is investing in the future.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. ProList is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if you think this is a role and a working environment in which you could succeed and have you looking forward to starting work every day.
TechnologyView all jobs at Prolist Inc