- Posted: over a month ago
JDA Worldwide is a public relations firm and a full-service agency specializing in brand, media, creative and content for high-growth brands around the world. Headquartered in Indianapolis, JDA was named the #2 Fastest Growing Company in 2017 by the Indianapolis Business Journal. JDA is a regular member of the Inc. 500|5000 for fastest growing companies in the U.S., most recently making the list again in 2021 for the fifth straight year. Our growing team is an incredible group of dedicated, courageous, collaborative, and generous people that you won’t find anywhere else. Come join us!
Prolific is the parent company of JDA Worldwide, a full-service marketing agency and PR firm. Check out our website to learn more: https://jdaworldwide.com/
Location: We are looking for a Publicist that is fully remote but must be located in the Washington, D.C. or Nashville area. There is a possibility to transition to hybrid in the future, pending a new office location.
The position of Publicist is responsible for pitching topics, interviews and written works on behalf of all clients, calling and emailing media outlets to secure interviews, excerpts, and serial deals for our authors, as well as being the initial point of contact and clearinghouse for inbound media queries.
A publicist must be a news enthusiast who is able to identify opportunities and risks for clients and is capable of mastering a client’s voice to properly represent them to the media. This person also must show creativity and have excellent communication skills not only to collaborate with a team and maintain client satisfaction, but also to specifically cultivate relationships with reporters and producers as a media liaison. He or she must have an exceptional work ethic and be a self-starter, as this can be a remote position.
- Foster relationships with the media
- Pitch and book media engagements for client interviews and written works
- Act as the first point of contact with inbound media and respond to all queries
- Research, establish, and develop media relationships
- Develop and curate customized media contact lists, tailored for each client’s location audience and campaigns
- Master and utilize company PR tools (such as Cision, and Meltwater)
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Act as a media liaison on the ground for client events and press conferences
Required Education / Experience
- BS/BA in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
Preferred Education / Experience
- 2-3 Experience as a Publicist
- MA in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- Broad media connections, particularly in Faith, Business, and Government
- Client/Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem-Solving Aptitude
The duties are many, various, and not limited to those listed above.
- Healthcare plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k matching program
- Life insurance (company paid)
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability (company paid)
- Training & development
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Hybrid work setting and casual dress
- Wellness resources
- Free snacks & drinks available in office locations
BusinessView all jobs at Prolific
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?