- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
JDA Worldwide is a full-service marketing agency with a 20-year track record of scaling revenue and global impact for purpose-driven brands. Join our optimistic, people-first culture. We believe the best is yet to come because we're building it together.
Headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, JDA has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce for 3 consecutive years. And we aren’t done growing. Having been named to the Inc. 5000 list for 7 consecutive years, we are looking to add more talent to our ambitious team.
JDA’s state-of-the-art office is filled with curious, kind people working alongside purpose-driven clients such as Biglife, Unitus, and Ruth's Chris. We offer top-notch employee perks and benefits such as flexible PTO, fun team events, excellent insurance, Tuesday lunches, and amazing office snacks.
The primary function of this role is crafting foundational brand content and language used to define the brand voice and guide core messaging. In addition to brand content development, this role is also responsible for developing various language used to convey thoughts, concepts, strategies, and content that further the agenda of our clients and our agency network. The position must be fluent in the English language and have a strong grasp of linguistics, word-association, and grammar. This person will work closely with Designers, Marketing Specialists, and the Accounts team, reporting directly to the VP of Brand.
The Copywriter role at JDA requires range and versatility. We are looking for a flexible writer who can craft brand nomenclature, determine the voice of a new brand, and take ownership of foundational brand work such as naming, helping define the vision, mission, values, brand personality, elevator pitches, audience personas, verbal brand guidelines, concepting for campaign themes, crafting ad copy, long-form web content, in addition to editing and proofing. The agency is fast-paced, and the workload is ever changing. A self-confident, well-rounded writer eager to contribute and measure impact will flourish here.
- Bachelor’s or portfolio degree in related field: Journalism, English, Communication, Ad School, etc.
- 5 years of experience in the agency, brand, or communication field
- A diverse writing portfolio that showcases a refined style and voice across a variety of project types and mediums
- Experience writing in a range of styles as appropriate for different clients, verticals, and media
- Demonstrable knowledge of brand, brand systems, advertising, and marketing strategy
- Eager to continue expanding knowledge to include thoughts, concepts, and strategies critical to our clients
Roles + Responsibilities
- Collaborate on brand development projects to help establish foundational brand language and guide brand tone
- Integrate copy with brand voice while pushing the creativity of the work and evolving style standards
- Help establish and maintain writing style guidelines to ensure consistency in messaging and tone
- Collaborate with other copywriters through the creative process; give and receive feedback that sharpens each other’s writing and editing skills
- Write in a range of styles as appropriate for different clients, brand projects, verticals, and media
- Assist in creation of original concepts resulting in clear, concise copy that is interesting, on brand, and focused on performance marketing/results
- Help develop and present creative solutions to clients on behalf of the agency that are informed by research and data and communicate best practices in copywriting to discern which ideas are most effective
- Work closely with VP of Brand or Brand Director, Creative Director, Associate Creative Director, Account Managers, Designers, Digital Specialists, Operation and the integrated team to create the best work possible for the client
- Incorporate ideas and revisions in response to the feedback of clients and team members in a professional and open-minded manner
- Employ an action-oriented approach to problem solving; revise and iterate content based on both feedback and performance data
- Demonstrate an ability to handle shifting priorities with a constructive attitude
- Contribute to creative brainstorming and concepting meetings
- Naming and Brand Nomenclature Development 50%
- Marketing (Ad + Social) writing 20%
- Short-form content 10%
- Long-form content 10%
- Proofing and Editing 10%
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.
- Group Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k Matching Plan
- Flexible PTO + Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training + development opportunities
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
- Short-Term + Long-Term Disability (100% company paid)
- Hybrid work setting and casual dress
- On-site fitness center
- Free snacks + drinks available in the office
Arts and Entertainment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.