- Posted: over a month ago
This role is hiring for 3rd shift.
To proficiently fabricate and weld ferrous and nonferrous materials, sheet, plate and structural steels by using the following machines and equipment
- Machine Operator
Must develop competency and achieve proficiency in the following operations: Grinder, belt sander, shot blast, vibratory finish, layout, shear, punch, lathe, Machining Center, saw & threading machine, radial drill, and proficiency in operating the Plasma Cutter
Fabrication of Components (externals): Able to work in A setup, B setup, LA Bracket, Small Components, plus Cubicles, Conservators, and Turrets. Fabrication of the Take Cover and Core Clamps
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To receive assignments and instructions from supervisor both verbal and written
- To read and understand schedule and work flow requirements
- To obtain, read, understand and follow guidelines set forth in shop documents, prints, and paperwork including E.I.'s, M.P.'s, and blueprints
- To obtain raw materials or parts and load to work centers as needed; organize/layout own work
- To keep tools, equipment, machines and work area clean and organized; Verify crane at beginning of the shift (crane cables & limit switches), and man lifts
- To inspect parts, materials, and assemblies for conformance to applicable specifications and design criteria
- Investigate potential and actual non-conformances and recommend corrective actions
- Perform minor repairs and machine maintenance
- Produce the product accurately within the established standard
- Use Time and Attendance system to accurately to punch in and out
- Manually program small piece parts, and set up and operate machines
- Identify all finished pieces and aside to next work center, storage or queue area
- Identify and aside excess stock to the appropriate storage locations
- Sand, grind, wash or shot blast plate steel, structural or purchased parts to prepare them for entry to the manufacturing areas
- Weld components with appropriate techniques and repair if defective
- Inspect welding processes, materials, etc. for conformance to design criteria, applicable specifications, and inspection procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Operate overhead and jib cranes, man lifts, fork trucks and miscellaneous other tools
Engine lathe, radial drill press, band saw, press brake, shear, wheelabrator, grinders, hydraulic punch, pipe and rod threaders, numerical control Plasma-Cutter, Numerical Control Machining Center, numerical control saw, measuring tools such as tapes; calipers, and micrometers, thread gages, jig, dies, fixtures
Welder: Submerged Arc (SAW), Stick Welding (SMAW), MIG Welding (GMAW), Oxyacetylene Torches, Plasma Cutting, Air Arc Gouging, Brazing, Stud Welding, and TIG (GTAW) equipment. Also, Welding Positioners & Fixtures, Portable Grinders, and Leak Test Equipment
- Work with various size plate and sheets steels, bar and round stocks, miscellaneous structural steels, hot, cold alloyed and stainless steels, steel and casting pieces, purchased components, copper, copper alloys, Silphos, flux grinding discs, anti-spatter, welding wire, aluminum and others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
Key Working Relationships
- Plant Supervision, Quality, Planning, etc.
- Engineering Organization, including mechanical, electrical and manufacturing engineering groups
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to occasionally sit, walk. Climb, balance, push, pull, carry, work below waist level and foot use.
Shop-floor located on large manufacturing plant.
Prolec-GE Waukesha, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
ConstructionView all jobs at Prolec-GE Waukesha,Inc