Operations Work Planner (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Service Work Planner assumes the responsibility of planning, scheduling and coordinating the Power Transformer Service workflow in the Prolec-GE Waukesha, Inc. for the applicable service region. This position will be instrumental in the work planning, scheduling, and documentation of transformer Field Service projects. This position will perform load versus capacity analysis to assure that adequate Field Service resources are available. This position will provide feedback to management on labor and equipment shortages and effective allocation of resource capabilities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts order review meetings of incoming new orders to verify schedule, material, safety, and commercial requirements
- Prepare material requisitions for any required project materials/rentals
- Prepare work order information for crews
- Schedule and dispatch personnel and equipment for region
- Conduct exit meetings with crew leaders to review work orders
- Monitor compliance to the schedule. Modify the schedule as emergencies occur.
- Provide technical and logistical support to crews in field.
- Collect and distribute all applicable post job information including trip reports, test reports, processing logs, and QA/QC checklists.
- Maintain master job schedule for region and supply updates to open order reports.
- Review and code purchase card statements and other A/P activities as applicable for the region.
- Provide invoicing notifications to order administrator for completed orders.
- Assist FSM in calibration and maintenance planning of equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and willing to support other areas of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to achieve cooperation, negotiate and reach agreement with customers, suppliers, and internal employees.
- Strong business acumen with ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects concurrently in order to cost effectively meet fixed schedules.
- Knowledge of Power Transformer Field Service operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related technical field.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in scheduling operations in the service industry or a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in field service operations (substation related) and/or transformer manufacturing.
Key Working Relationships
Works with other departments (Customers, Field Service Managers, Field Project Managers, FST-Lead Techs and Components)
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Office environment, located at manufacturing facility and at external customer sites
Prolec-GE Waukesha, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?