QC Engineer (Electronics Manufacturing)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a place to grow a career? Look no further! Projects Unlimited offers an excellent work environment and the stability you are looking for from a family-owned company who has been operating in Dayton for 70 years! We invite you to join our growing team.
Working at Projects Unlimited is about more than just work…we are Mission Critical! This means our team members actively engage every day in their craft of producing the highest quality products for our customers; because it matters to the safety of our country's commercial, civil aviation, and military personnel. Whether it's the people, the opportunities to give back and help others, the recognition, the company events, or our family-first mentality; it all brings us together to further ourselves and the company.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Quality Engineer you will help plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials and products. Working closely with our Production and Inspection teams to create awareness and consistency around quality standards and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programming of Automated Optical Inspection Equipment (AOI)
- Maintain J-STD 001, IPC 610 & IPC 620 certifications.
- Conduct meetings regularly with inspection for awareness and to help consistency in teamwork.
- Confer with Production Supervisors/Planners to coordinate inspection priorities for each area.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for process control, process improvement, inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Perform calibration meetings/training with Quality Inspectors on a routine basis.
- Suggest and implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of the shop floor, department, or production workforce.
- Involve Quality Technicians in team driven activities to help improvements.
- Compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Serve as Quality Engineer resource to manufacturing for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop and maintain performance monitors for productivity and quality for area of responsibility.
- Analyze processes and operations to determine problem areas and take corrective action.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives.
- Serve as Quality Engineer representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB).
- Perform customer delegated source inspections when necessary.
- Supervision of QCT's may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline. (Or combination of education and equivalent experience required.) High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of related quality engineering experience.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control, and ISO9001:2008 and AS 9100, IPC 610 J-Std, IPC 620- WHAM and NADCAP.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical reasoning and problem solving.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions.
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets (Excel) and databases.
Employees are required to wear safety equipment consisting of: closed-toed shoes, safety glasses, heel straps, wrist straps, and electro-static discharge lab coats while on the production floor and are occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemicals, and minimal risk of electrical shock.
Our Benefits include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 16 days for new employees
- 8 paid holidays and Holiday Shutdown
- Group Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance/Voluntary Life
- 401k (both pre-tax and post-tax options) with Employer Match
- Monthly on-site Nurse to answer any health questions
- Professional and technical certifications
Projects Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Projects Unlimited, Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Projects Unlimited, Inc