Position: Lead Commissioning Specialist (CxC) and Junior Commissioning Engineer
Supervision: No Number of Positions: Multiple
Pay: DOE FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Project Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Lead Commissioning Specialist with a minimum of five years of commissioning experience, including two projects related to laboratory commissiong and one of the following:
- NEBB Qualified Systems Commissioning Administrator (SCA)
- ACG Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
- ICB/TABB Certified Commissioning Supervisor
- BCA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- AEE Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Qualified Commissioning Process Provider (QCxP)
- ASHRAE Commissioning Process Management Professional (CPMP)
Scope of Work:
Services will consist of CxA services for new construction, major renovations, and retro-commissioning projects for EPA facilities located nationwide. EPA facilities include all EPA laboratory facilities and other campus buildings, (i.e. office buildings, warehouses, support buildings, etc.) that may be located on any EPA campus. The sizes of the EPA facilities vary from less than 5,000 square feet to over 1,000,000 square feet.
If you are interested, please read below and apply today as the position will be filled soon.
Must perform the technical work specified herein associated with each system to be commissioned:
- Lead Mechanical Engineer:
The Lead Mechanical Engineer must be licensed with the ability to perform technical work associated with mechanical systems commissioning including Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Systems, Laboratory Exhaust Systems and associated controls; Building Automation System; Utility Monitoring and Control System; Service Water Heating Systems; Plumbing Systems; Water Pumping and Mixing Systems; Irrigation Systems; Compressed Air and Vacuum Systems; Energy and Water Utility Metering Systems.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer must have at least five years of experience in the commissioning of Laboratory HVAC systems. At a minimum provide two personnel resumes under the Lead Mechanical Engineer position.
- Lead Electrical Engineer:
The Lead Electrical Engineer must be licensed with the ability to perform the technical work associated with commissioning of electrical systems including Lighting Systems; Power Distribution Systems; Power Generation Systems; Renewable Energy Systems; Electrical Utility Metering Systems.
The Lead Electrical Engineer must have five years of experience inspecting, testing, and calibrating electrical distribution and generation equipment, systems, and devices.
- Lead Architect/Engineer Building Enclosure Commissioning:
The technical work associated with the Building Enclosure Commissioning must be performed by a registered architect with five years of building envelope design or construction experience; or an engineer with training and certification as an Air Barrier Installer from the Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) or other 3rd party air barrier association. The Building Envelope Technical Commissioning Specialist must have experience coordinating and instructing personnel involved in installation, joining, and sealing of air barrier materials and components.
- Highly organized and detailed with reporting, generating, and tracking of documents for the record keeping requirement associated with this position.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Project.
- Proven ability to consistently meet or exceed deadline expectations.
- Team player who thrives on collaborating with others to produce proposals.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Understanding of testing and balancing techniques is required
- Adherence to Contract management protocols.
- Planning for project activities and keeping accurate records
- Experience with presenting technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to travel as needed
- Demonstrated leadership ability and directed commissioning projects in commercial and industrial facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project engineering/management
- OSHA 30 preferred
Providing Support for the following:
- Technical support in establishing Owners Project Requirements, reviewing design documents at various design phases, and developing commissioning specifications for various building systems.
- Develop commissioning plans and functional performance test scripts; develop pre functional equipment checklists; witness equipment start-up and installation; review operation and maintenance manuals; and review and validate testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) report for mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Perform functional performance tests for various systems; performance verification tests of the controls systems; and prepare project commissioning reports.
- Develop and maintain an Issues Log for tracking and resolution of all deficiencies discovered through submittal reviews, inspection, and testing. Include the date of final resolution of issues. Submit the Issues Log on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Deferred Testing:
- Seasonal Testing: The CxA shall schedule, coordinate, observe, and document additional testing for seasonal variation in operations and control strategies during the opposite season to verify performance of the HVAC system and controls. Complete testing during the warranty period to fully test all sequences of operation. Update O&M manuals and Record Documents as necessary due to the testing.
- Unforeseen Deferred Tests - If a test cannot be completed due to the building structure, required occupancy condition, or other deficiency, the functional testing may be delayed upon recommendation of the Commissioning Agent and the approval of the Owner. These tests are conducted in the same manner as the Seasonal tests as soon as possible.
- End-of-Warranty Review - The CxA shall conduct end of warranty review prior to the end of the warranty period. Review the building operation with the facility maintenance staff. The review shall include outstanding issues from original or seasonal testing. Interview facility staff to identify concerns with building operation. Provide suggestions for improvements and assist owner in developing reports or documentation to remedy problems. Update O&M manuals and Record Documents as necessary due to the testing.
- Commissioning Authority (CxA) shall submit all plans, schedules, reports, and documentation to the Task Order Contracting Officer Representative (TOCOR) identified in each individual task order.
- Commissioning Authority (CxA) shall have direct communication with the TOCOR regarding all elements of the commissioning process.
Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise. Nature of work may require working outside of regular business hours as project needs require. Periodically works outside and may work around moving objects, dust and dirt. Projects may require overnight travel at company expense.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.