Position Title: Construction Manager
Location: West Branch, Iowa
Project Solutions Inc. is seeking a qualified construction manager for an exciting opportunity at Herbert Hoover National Historic Site in West Branch, Iowa. This project includes several improvements associated with an effort to restore and stabilize Hoover Creek for flood mitigation. The major project elements include channel grading for increased flood conveyance, Downey Street Bridge replacement, and construction of an off-line detention basin. We are always looking for hard working professionals to join our diverse workforce and gain experience on a large variety of projects.
Join a team of ever-growing professionals who look to make a difference on projects both domestically and internationally. Our organization is growing, and we believe your career should too! Build your future with Project Solutions, Inc.
The Construction manager shall provide the government assistance with administrative and other duties to be completed at the construction site. This position will also be responsible for coordination construction contractors efforts with the park's daily operation while minimizing disruption of of on-going operations and facility maintenance within the park. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills, knowledge and experience to support this important program to fulfill the mission of the agency.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide care to all work performed on facilities to respect and preserve of both natural and cultural resources.
- Arrange, attend and facilitate a variety of meetings, including weekly meetings at the project site.
- Document issues encountered and problems experienced with the construction contractor.
- Review contractor's baseline and progress schedules
- Inspect the work of the construction contractor for progress, workmanship, quality and conformance with contract documents, applicable building codes and safety standards .
- Construction and renovation of asphalt and concrete paving, side walks, and buildings to meet ADA requirements.
- The construction manager shall have no authority to: Accept or reject construction work, Authorize changes to the terms and conditions of the construction contract, Instruct or make recommendations to the construction contractor.
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills:
Prior experience on flood conveyance and utility infrastructure projects, including
channel grading, bridge replacement, detention basin construction, water/sewer line
relocation, and retaining wall construction.
OSHA 30 required or willing to complete within 30 days of hire
Experience with cultural and ancient artifact preservation preferred
Experience with ADA construction requirements required
Comprehensive knowledge of site planning, building design and construction means, methods and codes, scheduling, material and labor cost estimating sufficient to evaluate general compliance environmental health, safety and protection requirements.
- Average agility and dexterity. Duties will include moderate walking over rough, uneven or slippery surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders or similar activities, recurring lifting of moderately heave objects less than 50 lbs. and regular visits to construction sites.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Ability to acquire a security clearance.
- 7 years' related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel and relocation may be required
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.