Construction Management Representative
Position Title: Construction Management Representative
Location: Boston National Historical Park, Boston, MA
Salary Range: $80,000-$95,000 annually based on experience.
Project Solutions Inc. is seeking two experienced Construction Management Representatives for an exciting opportunity at Boston National Historical Park, MA. We are always looking for hard working professionals to join our diverse workforce and gain experience on a large variety of projects.
Join a team of ever-growing professionals who look to make a difference on projects both domestically and internationally. Our organization is growing, and we believe your career should too! Build your future with Project Solutions, Inc.
The purpose of this project is to restore Dorchester Heights Monument and Hardscape. The scope of work includes replacement of deteriorated concrete hardscape throughout the park, including walkways, stairs, ramps and retaining walls, including regrading of existing hardscape elements to meet current accessibility standards and new handrails at stairs and ramps and modifications to existing entrance area fencing. Monument restoration consists of repair of foundation and superstructure, replacement of structural floor framing and topping slabs, replacement of concrete topping slab, repair, restoration, cleaning, and repointing of existing brick and marble masonry, replacement of existing plinth, replacement of existing lead-coated copper roofing and flashing, repair and restoration of existing steel stairs, replacement in-kind of existing Level 3 steel drum enclosure, replacement of existing tie rod within the Lantern, and repair and select replacement of stone slabs.
This role is contingent upon award.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical assistance and support to CO during construction.
- Arrange, attend and facilitate a variety of meetings, including weekly meetings at the project site.
- Document issues encountered and problems experienced with the construction contractor.
- Review contractor's baseline and progress schedules.
- Draft project related correspondence for NPS to review and issuance.
- Inspect the work of the construction contractor for progress, workmanship, quality and conformance with contract documents, applicable building codes and safety standards.
- Deliver reports, reviews, evaluations, design work, etc. to CO.
- Review and process Construction Contractor's RFIs and assist in resolution, draft response, tracking, and follow up.
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Education leading to Construction Management Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years Construction Management Experience.
- Minimum of OSHA 30-hour construction safety training required.
- Knowledge of and experience with construction practices directly related to roofing, carpentry, and structural upgrades on historic structures construction projects within tropical environments on constrained sites.
- Knowledge and experience with construction practices including applicable building codes, applicable safety regulations.
- Knowledge of cost estimating with breakdown of labor, materials and equipment costs for proposed construction contract modifications.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, schedules, and other specifications.
- Written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Average agility and dexterity. Duties will include moderate walking over rough, uneven or slippery surfaces, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, climbing ladders or similar activities, recurring lifting of moderately heavy objects less than 50 lbs. and regular visits to construction sites.
- Knowledge of software including Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Qualified applicant must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Project Solutions, Inc. is proud to offer the following benefits for full time employees:
- 401 (k)
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
Project Solutions, Inc. is committed to the career development of each of our employees and is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where each person truly belongs.
Powered by JazzHR
Project Solutions Inc.Boston, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.