Sensing Specialist - Aerial
- Posted: over a month ago
Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary’s mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
The Sensing Specialist – Aerial will be a part of the growing business unit focusing on aggregation, characterization, and reconciliation of emissions, reporting to the Director of Product for Digital Canopy. They are responsible for assessing aerial sensing approaches for methane measurement and integration of aerial data into a reconciled emission inventory for our customers. As a scaling PBC, we have excellent benefits, a people-first oriented culture and policies, and an environment of fun that celebrates.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for aerial methane measurement
- Evaluate available drone or airplane mounted sensing technologies and associated quantification methods
- Assess accuracy, resolution, and lower detection limit of sensing approaches
- Work closely with reconciliation specialists to define the role of aerial measurement in carbon inventories
- Monitor technology advancements in aerial methane monitoring
- Manage the technical aspects of strategic partnerships with aerial monitoring companies
- BA/BS in related field
- Advanced degree in spectral photography, spectroscopy, or similar
- Extensive experience with OGI, open path laser-based sensors, and spectroscopy
- Familiarity with quantification methods for variety of methane sensing principles
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Stipend between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Dog friendly office
- Salary range: $125,000 - $175,000 annual base
- Flexible work environment - Must reside near Denver
Project Canary, PBC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?