This is a part-time role that would require an average time commitment of 10-20 hours per week. The position is flexible pertaining to days and specific hours worked each week.
The Progressive Institute is located at 2 Trap Falls Road, Shelton, CT 06484.
The Psychotherapist serves on the clinical staff of the organization and provides essential therapeutic and goal-oriented services, under the supervision of the Clinical Director, that are in line with the client’s individualized treatment plan. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the therapeutic needs of clients diagnosed with primary mental health and/or primary substance abuse disorders. In particular, the following responsibilities will be performed in this position:
· Conduct psychotherapy with individuals, families and groups.
· Complete treatment planning, intake and continuing care assessments as needed.
· Work in collaboration with the client to develop a unified continuing care plan.
· Provide crisis management services through internal or external references, as needed.
· Communicate with case managers to coordinate provision of services identified in treatment plan, including communication with the criminal justice system and probationary personnel.
· Work collaboratively with the Clinical Director and Progressive Institute treatment team.
· Work collaboratively with outside clinicians, doctors, or other providers.
Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Connecticut.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Connecticut.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) in the State of Connecticut.
Experience and/or training in providing services for substance-dependent persons.