- Posted: over a month ago
Have you built your career through outstanding project management, thoughtful strategy, and a commitment to remaining relevant in the tech space?
If the answer is yes, your next opportunity for growth is with Progressive Components. We are seeking an IT Director to lead our current technology initiatives and guide strategic tech investments in the future. This position has a flexible work schedule and will be a combination of virtual and occasionally onsite work at the Wauconda location. The ideal candidate will reside in the Upper Midwest Region.
Progressive Components is a leader in the plastics industry. From production floor essentials that have been staples for years, to industry driving innovations, our products are known for their quality, forward thinking, and ability to meet customer's needs. As an organization, even through significant growth, we have been diligent about maintaining a customer-centric mindset - listening, customizing solutions, and showing value. We are committed to growth and innovation. We know our industry is constantly evolving, and we want to be on the leading edge of those initiatives.
The IT Director will an engaged and proactive champion for IT Services and Operations, seeking ongoing improvement of the IT Infrastructure, delivering high quality solutions to support the day-to-day business operations. In addition, this role provides a unique opportunity to participate on the Steering Committee for a product that uses advancing technology to help our customers monitor and maintain their assets.
Our Information Technology team is the center of excellence within our organization, focusing on web and mobile applications across multiple areas of business engagements. A successful candidate will have a background in developing go to market strategies, strong familiarity with software development, great project management and communication skills, and an eagerness to grow with a team.
The IT Director will work with all levels of personnel and will need to have strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and issues to team members and stakeholders.
Performance driven and innovative, the IT Director must maintain a current knowledge of IT trends and an understanding of how those trends could affect the business and have the ability to guide the organization in the implementation of new ideas and practices.
As a partner with Management, the IT Director should be someone with a strong technology background and business acumen.
- Oversee and participate in business strategy discussions to anticipate and align technology solutions to achieve business and financial objectives.
- Be alert to changes or advancements in technology and increased digital adoption to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
- Drive business innovation for operational efficiencies and customer engagement.
- Developing new go-to-market strategies and technologies, while maintaining the IT roadmap by collaborating with multiple departments and subcontractors to execute projects and strategic initiatives.
- Studying market trends/customer needs to identify commercial opportunities, while aligning IT initiative with business goals and redesigning business processes.
- Designing and implementing a business intelligence (BI) solution that provides reporting, analytics, and data delivery.
- Provide IT thought leadership and steering committee participation for a customer-facing product that utilizes Cloud Computing, Database Management, and SaaS to aid customers in the monitoring and maintenance of their production injection mold tooling. Vet decisions being made, evaluate technologies chosen, and participate in the review of terms and conditions in SaaS agreements. Provide current and future technology input and direction.
- Ensure adequate physical and environmental security for operating systems. Review System Messages and Problem Logs daily for any actionable alerts.
- Maintain OS Release currency.
- Manage User Profile access and licenses.
- Ensure the adequate physical and environmental security for the Progressive Component's Network.
- Make use of best-of-breed firewalls, malware, and virus protection solutions.
- IT Team Management - Hiring, developing, and mentoring staff to fulfill needs of department.
- Financial Management - Oversee IT Budget and Capital Expenditure Planning.
- Vendor Management - Serve as the primary contact for all IT Specific Vendors; Business Partners, Software Partners, Consumable Supply Vendors, Network Services, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience.
- Five+ years' of strategically leading an IT team
- Experience in GP/Business Central, MS Office, Cloud Network Administration and IOT (Internet of Things)
- Experience with budget and business plan development.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of stake holders while driving team performance, monitoring results, and appropriately allocating resources.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of technology principles, practices, and procedures to the successful execution of multiple complex projects.
- Strong experience and knowledge of functional tools and infrastructure.
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an environment and culture of continuous improvement.
- Possesses strong problem solving, collaborative, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills.
- Possesses a thoughtful point of view on industry trends impacting commerce and customer experiences. Has an informed perspective on best-in-class technologies.
- Time management skills with the ability to plan, create, maintain, and resolve open issues, analyze workflow, demonstrate sense of urgency, and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively handle and maintain confidential matters and information.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Project Management certifications preferred.
- Data Privacy compliance knowledge required.
- Previous experience with managing third party consultants and vendors.
Our team is excited about our organization's continued investment in growth and commitment to hiring and retaining top talent. Check out the videos below from the Progressive Components team members offering their insights on what it is like working for our organization.
Don Starkey, Owner: https://youtu.be/_iO7Nk4IGF8
Erick Robbins, System Administrator: https://youtu.be/wlztnB23H74
We are strongly committed to protecting each other, our families, our customers, and our visitors, as we work together to help end the pandemic. Progressive continues to strongly encourage and support employees who are able to and choose to receive the vaccine. As such, regardless of vaccination status our employees are required to follow current procedures and guidelines regarding PPE, masks, and social distancing when entering any of our facilities or attending company events. We continue to follow all applicable CDC, IDPH, and OSHA guidelines and recommendations regarding maintaining a safe workplace.
TechnologyView all jobs at Progressive Components