Do you have a passion for our community and the skill set to support our community health organization? Progressive Community Health Centers is hiring for an Executive Assistant at our Lisbon Avenue Health Center.The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO) Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) by relieving the executive staff of administrative type functions related to the clerical and administrative function of the office.
Who are we?
Founded in 1999, Progressive Community Health Centers is an independent non-profit organization that operates four clinic locations in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. More than 100 employees support our agency's mission to improve the health and quality of life of the community by providing culturally competent services that address identified needs. We provide high quality, comprehensive care to roughly 16,000 patients annually, a majority of who are low-income. No one is ever turned away from our clinics based on insurance status or ability to pay. We value a patient-centered philosophy and provide range of services that include family medicine, internal medicine, women's health, urgent care, dental, radiology and integrated behavioral health. We also offer supportive services such as case management, health education and benefits enrollment.
What will you do?
Beyond providing administrative support for the Executive Management team, this role prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memorandums, and reports/presentations. Supports the Board of Director activities, which include board and committee minutes and special events planning, to create and maintain favorable public image for the organization. Manages the Executive Management team schedule to assure that both internal and external responsibilities are met and projects move forward in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Duties:
1. Manage the Executive Management team's daily calendars, including scheduling meetings, conferences, trainings, as necessary.
2. Reviews, prioritizes, and directs all incoming documents and calls for the CEO. Use independent judgement to respond and/or take appropriate action on requests not requiring the CEO's personal attention.
3. Respond to the CEO's correspondence from outside sources, as directed by the CEO. Compose letters/responses independently and as directed by Executive Management team members. Research facts for answers from the various departments, as needed.
4. Coordinate and expedite processing of letters, contracts and documents requiring Executive Management team attention.
5. Plan and arrange extensive travel for Executive Management team members, researching schedules and itineraries.
6. Provide administrative support for Executive Management team members relating to professional organizations, boards and committees.
7. Maintain current and accurate records and rosters for the Board of Directors and board committees, including individual files for all Board members.
8. Provides support to the Board of Directors by taking and distributing minutes, and organizing and directing committees.
9. Maintain office contracts and process requests through the Contract Approval protocol.
10. Research and compose redacted documentation for submission on various HRSA EHB requirements (i.e. FTCA, OSV, BPR)
What do you need to qualify?
An Associate Degree or higher in Business Administration from an accredited technical school or university
A minimum of 3-5 years administrative assistance experience preferably working under the direction of a director, department head, vice president or chief operating officer.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, depending on the level of each.
Personal Skills and Competencies:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1.Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data;
2. Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities;
3. Participates in meetings; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions;
4. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
5. Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcome feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed;
6. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
7. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes harassment-free environment;
8. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values;
9. Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions;
10.Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals;
Equal Employment Opportunity Progressive Community Health Care is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.