Responsible for all accounting functions for the company coupled with administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Records daily sales invoices and processes payments.
• Codes and records all company credit card charges to appropriate accounts. Reconciles each account monthly.
• Codes and records company payables after appropriate matching to packing slips and other supporting documentation.
• Prepares/mails vendor payments as needed.
• Records all banking transactions. Reconciles cash accounts monthly.
• Prepares and sends wire transfers as needed.
• Prepares and sends all progress billings.
• Maintains contract files.
• Maintains all accounting information and protects confidentiality.
• Prepares and files monthly Florida sales tax and payroll tax timely and accurately.
• Prepares journal entries for monthly general ledger close.
• Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other standard financial reports.
• Maintains accounting controls by implementing, following and ensuring compliance of established policies and procedures.
. Back-up for payroll.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements and generally acceptable accounting principles.
• Other administrative/clerical duties as assigned.
Requirements of Education / Experience / Skill
. BA in Accounting preferred.
. 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role.
· Must have accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
. WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF MS NAV DYNAMICS a MUST/REQUIRED.
· Working knowledge in ERP and/or MRP.
· QB Enterprise experience.
· Cost accounting experience preference.
· Must have keen attention to detail and be deadline-oriented.
· Must have ability to multi-task.
· Self-motivated and excellent team player.
· Computer literate.
Equal Opportunity Employer