Sr Full Stack Developer - REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
The Senior Full-Stack Software Developer will be responsible for designing and building applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The environment is fast paced and time to market of applications is critical to the success of the organization.
This position will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering applications for high-quality, on-time software releases leveraging best-of-breed agile and DevOps practices with a focus on how to enable the operations of those applications through a combination of infrastructure solutioning, continuous delivery & integration, and efficient system sustainment planning.
This role is responsible for working with our architects and other developers on technical design of cloud and digital platforms, including hands-on full stack development. The developer must have a passion for developing and launching robust scalable products that are business and customer facing. This position should have a full understanding of the tools, platforms and technologies used to develop exceptional applications.
• Hands-on full-stack development across a variety of technologies and platforms
• Prior experience in building highly scalable, cloud-native microservices-based applications using technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, Key-Value Stores, and MongoDB
• Evaluate and drive new technologies for inclusion in our stack
• Lead and develop proof-of-concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions
• Support the refactoring and re-architecting of existing software
• Work jointly with other developers to identify and create common reusable components
• Drive technical consolidation and reduction of duplicate effort across projects
• Coach, mentor, and coordinate tasks of other developers (internal and external teams)
• Have the drive and technical understanding to lead development efforts
• The candidate should have a strong understanding of agile software development and how that impacts the operations of software; and must participate in strategy discussion with all levels of management and business sponsors
• Experience with system integration & service oriented architecture is required.
• Work closely with the VP of IT, architects, and other senior developers to understand the technology roadmap and assist in enforcing the enterprise architecture standards
• Support testing & deployment cycles, including working with project managers to coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) and gathering feedback from pre-release testers.
• Ability to log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA.
• Participate in software release and post-release activities, including developing designs for proof of concepts.
• Capture, mitigate and /or escalate risks & issues in a timely fashion
• Ensure development standards and consistency of specifications across sub-systems
• Write and/or review deliverables, solution blueprints, and architecture documentation
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience; advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer for internet-scale web/mobile applications and public APIs
• 5+ years’ experience developing internet scale applications using Node.js or Java
• Expertise with scalable web technologies such as Express or Spring Boot
• Expertise with current software design principles and concepts
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
• Experience with NoSQL databases and relational databases
• Exceptional problem solving, analysis, design, and testing skills
• ITIL understanding and familiarity with modern application architecture design patterns
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with business owners
• Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, SDLC, Iterative)
• Proven experience with integrated systems required
• Experience with software and database performance tuning
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Flexibility and positive attitude to achieve tight deadlines
• Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
• Experience with Salesforce development is a plus
• Experience with serverless application design, development, and deployment is a plus
• Experience with enterprise-search platform such as Solr is a plus
• Experience with mobile development technologies using React Native is a plus
• Experience with responsive web development and technologies like React is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Visit our careers page at https://jobs.rentprogress.com/ to review and apply to Progress opportunities, you can also sign-up for job alerts. We look forward to reviewing your information!