We are seeking a Service Technician II - HVAC who is professional, organized and always puts the customer first. As a member of the Property Management team, you will inspect, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems in our Progress Residential single-family homes. You deliver an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls.
Among your daily responsibilities, youll perform scheduled, emergency and preventative maintenance, inspections, and repairs. Well count on you to diagnose and troubleshoot issues and then repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment.
HVAC systems are your specialty, but youre also comfortable performing maintenance and inspections on a variety of equipment, including plumbing, appliances, irrigation systems, drywall, roofing, and more. You will ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are always upheld, including EPA and OSHA regulations.
No two days will look the same so flexibility is key. You understand that we are in the business of providing our customers peace of mind and you do whatever it takes to uphold that commitment.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Technical College or Trade Program with HVAC Certification is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in general service and maintenance experience (painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repair, etc.)
- EPA certified with knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection and repair of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, water heaters, and related piping and electrical
- Minimum 2 years of experience repairing all makes and models of residential appliances in customers homes preferred
- Ability to maintain, inspect, diagnose and troubleshoot typical issues and then repair or replace defective equipment or components
- Must have your own tools to perform ongoing service in residential environment
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions (i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.)
- Must possess valid drivers license and valid vehicle insurance at all times with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years
- Available for on-call service, weekends and evenings as needed
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Ability to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and lift 50 pounds with ease
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives youd expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- We also offer a monthly phone stipend and mileage reimbursement, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, income replacement for maternity/paternity leave, 9 paid holidays and 1 you earned it day.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.