Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Service Director is a member of the Property Management team and is responsible for the management and oversight of the make ready process, resident maintenance requests on rented homes and asset preservation programs. The Service Director is responsible for a number of key metrics including resident satisfaction, cycle times, adherence to budget, associate and vendor performance and asset preservation programs for their assigned Metro Service Area (MSA).
- Manage quality control program and reporting system
- Ensure all assigned rent ready units meet quality control guidelines
- Manage response times to residents of team of maintenance technicians staffed across a broad geographic footprint
- Perform ongoing training of associates on newly developed process and procedures and implementation of corporate initiatives
- Ensure timely completion of all unit turns across the portfolio to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue
- Responsible for cost control and performing unit turns, service orders, and all maintenance related tasks within budget
- Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Manage semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, control unit turn costs and maximize average length of tenancy
- Follow-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed
- Accurate tracking and reporting of all maintenance work
- Ensure all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds associates and vendors accountable for results
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Develop team and is focused on succession plan within group
- Ensure that associates all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Ensure that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
- High School graduate required
- 7 years or more years of experience as a regional maintenance supervisor, senior superintendent or production home customer service manager; regional or director level experience preferred
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to single family residential homes
- Mastery of general building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid Driver’s License in the working state
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.