Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Position Summary: The Director – Contact Center Operations is responsible for providing high quality and responsive customer service to our residents and local field associates. Responsibilities include driving strategy for the department and overseeing the management of our team of Customer Care Associates and Service Coordinators. These groups handle inbound/outbound calls/contacts related to general inquiries, lease applications, leads/referrals, and property service/ maintenance requests. Service Coordination also manages, and schedules service requests while working directly with the market offices. The candidate must have experience managing associates and teams in a high-volume contact center environment. The ideal candidate will possess dynamic leadership skills, exceptional personal communication, is both process & people-minded, and is a hands-on, highly accessible leader.
- Manage a team of 50+ customer contact center associates and Supervisors responsible for handling upwards of 3,000 calls per day supporting prospects and residents stemming from a growing portfolio of single-family rental properties across the US
- Manage a team of 40+ Service Coordinators and Supervisors responsible for managing and scheduling service requests
- Determine contact center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishes technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributes information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews
- Create and continuously evaluate processes and procedures; responsible for suggesting methods to improve operations, efficiency, call center operations and service to internal and external customers
- Perform root cause analyses and submits recommendations for process improvements
- Maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring system performance; identify and resolve problems; prepare and complete action plans; complete system audits and analyses; manage system and process improvement, staffing and scheduling plans, and quality assurance programs
- Oversee call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administer scheduling systems; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions; enforce policy and procedure
- Prepare performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Perform ongoing training of team on newly developed process and procedures; educate and promote property repair best practices; coordinate skills and trade-based training for associates as needed
- Create and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly metrics for the department and team
- Analyze key metrics, daily & weekly reports, and performance indicators to identify areas of focus and/or necessary improvements
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs
- Create and maintain a high-quality work environment and support the company culture so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level and grow with the organization
- Assist in special projects or assignments as needed by the business
Human Resource Management
- Hire, train and supervise staff, set goals and hold people accountable for results
- Oversee the development of employees’ daily duties and responsibilities
- Monitor trends in the market and make changes to meet those ever-changing trends
- Performance management of personnel including, development plans, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, and performance improvement plans
- 7-10 years of experience leading customer service associates in a fast-paced, high-volume contact center environment
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to feedback and requested changes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, genuinely friendly and approachable
- Proven experience as contact center manager or similar position
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
What you can expect from us:
- Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.