Senior Security Consultant Field sales for Northeast
Proficio Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Proficio is an award-winning managed detection and response (MDR) services provider. We provide 24/7 security monitoring, investigation, alerting and response services to organizations in healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, retail and other industries. Proficio has been highlighted in Gartners Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services for the last three consecutive years. We have a track record of innovation. Proficio invented the concept of SOC-as-a-Service. We were the first MSSP to provide automated response services and the first in our space to provide a risk scoring dashboard.
Our typical client is a medium to large-sized organization that lacks the in-house resources to address the challenges of a rapidly changing threat landscape. The difficulty of hiring and retaining cybersecurity professionals are widely understood but our prospective clients also struggle to effectively harness technology and build hardened processes.
While Proficio has developed a unified service delivery platform designed to meet the needs of the most demanding clients, what sets us apart is the quality and passion of our people. We believe the SOC of the Future will meld the creativity of human intelligence with the power of advanced technologies like AI.
The Senior Security Consultant is responsible for prospecting, developing, and closing new business in the Northeast Region (based out of New England or NY Metro area) by selling direct and through channel partners. Acting as a Regional Sales Manager, the SSC will utilize sales engineering and business development teams to provide a consultative approach and align Proficio's service offerings with clients' needs. The ideal candidate has a proven history of exceeding sales quotas and building a strong pipeline of future business, all while providing superior customer service.
This position requires 50% travel (within territory)
- Create and implement a sales strategy focused on prospecting, developing, and closing new business accounts within assigned territory
- Create account target list with specific penetration plans for each prospective entity
- Be a "hunter", utilize and maintain existing professional network to generate new business opportunities
- Develop and manage a pipeline; regularly update sales forecasts and reports utilizing Salesforce
- Achieve sales quota goals, drive and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual sales numbers
- Deliver web based and in-person presentations, leveraging thorough knowledge of Proficios capabilities and sales best practices
- Utilize a consultative approach to effectively map Proficios solutions to meet prospects needs
- Plan and implement sales events to showcase new service offerings while educating partners, current and prospective clients about Proficio
- Actively maintain a pipeline and attend face to face or webinar meetings with C-level executives
- Must have 3+ years experience direct sales in cybersecurity industry (MSSP highly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with C-level executives (CISO, CIO, IT)
- Technical acumen (ability to discuss security, networking, and software/ hardware solutions)
- Proven track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas and adding new logos
- 50% travel is expected (within territory)
- Competitive base salary plus aggressive commission plan no cap on success
- Health, Dental and Vision plans available first of the month and other benefits available from day 1
- ProLunch, Game Room and fun employee activities!
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Voluntary Life Insurance programs
BusinessView all jobs at Proficio