- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $28 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
This position performs all types of mechanical repairs and maintenance work on commercial and contractor products. This position also performs small engine overhaul and maintenance on gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems work, welding and minor painting, assists in maintenance of shop, shop tools and equipment. The Service Technician is responsible for customer satisfaction and CSI 9+.
Prerequisites for this position include:
§ High school education or equivalent.
§ Ability to read, write and speak English language conversationally.
§ Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
§ Evidence of specialized education in gas/diesel maintenance and repair.
§ Experience as service technician a minimum of 1 year.
§ Turf equipment maintenance a definite plus.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
To provide the timely repairs and setups of the highest quality to enable our customers to achieve the results they need to accomplish their jobs. The Service Technician is responsible for proper and timely completion of all paperwork necessary to ensure proper scheduling and payment for each repair or setup.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for trouble shooting and repairing mechanical problems connected with commercial products.
- Performs repair and maintenance on small gas and diesel engines and machine’s hydraulic systems and/or electrical systems.
- Performs both simple and complicated blade sharpening duties.
- Sets up new equipment for customers or as demonstrators as season demands for use by Professional Turf Products sales representatives.
- Recondition used and lease return equipment for resale as required.
- Accurately and timely submits proper forms to Service Coordinator to provide estimate to customers and to order parts, as needed.
- Accurately and timely fills out the labor log for each repair or set-up. Records parts used, repair functions performed and time needed to perform repair functions.
- Responsible for maintaining his own tools, his work area and shop, and shop tools in a clean and safe working order.
- Manually or with use of fork truck, moves equipment in need of repair or set-up from the yard or warehouse to the shop’s work area.
- Responsible for proper tagging and identification of parts for warranty parts retention.
- Responsible for ensuring that used parts are returned to customer, when appropriate, on customer pay repairs.
- Responsible to be certain that all unused parts and labor are returned to stock through Central Receiving prior to SRO submission to Service Coordinator.
- Responsible to bring any issues that may affect his ability to complete a repair on time to the Service Coordinator.
- Responsible for following all Professional Turf Products processes as appropriate to his/her job function and position.
- Responsible for continuing education and achieving certifications as appropriate.
- Follow safety and environmental regulations as set forth by Professional Turf Products or appropriate governmental agencies.
- Working as a team to assist the overall productivity and efficiency of the shop and service department. Help others where needed.
- Assisting the service manager or Service Coordinator as needed to meet customer expectations.
- Working with other departments to assist as needed.
PERTINENT PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
§ The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
§ Body Positions: Standing, sitting, bending
§ Body Movements: Ability to walk, bend and climb on or around equipment.
§ Body Senses: Vision sufficient to read printed materials, and for inspection of production. Sufficient hearing for standard communication at a variety of noise levels.
Professional Turf Products, LP
Professional Turf Products is the South Central United States premier provider of outdoor beautification solutions. We provide exceptional products from the Toro Company as well as many other topflight manufacturers. We sell to independent dealers, golf courses, schools, municipalities, parks, landscape and irrigation contractors. We cover Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and parts of Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri. We also have six locations to help provide you the best service. Euless, Texas (D/FW); Houston, TX; Selma, TX; Belton, TX; Broken Arrow, OK and Lenexa, KS.
508 Cori Dr.Belton, TX
ManufacturingView all jobs at Professional Turf Products, LP