Are you seeking a career move to join an established and profitable company at the ground breaking level that will offer tremendous grow where you can make a difference? If so, this is the opportunity for you! Apply today! IMMEDIATE NEED!
Our client, a legal cannabis company located in downtown Los Angeles, California, is seeking a talented Staff Account to perform analysis and cost accounting for their fast paced world-class facilities and vertically integrated businesses for the production, manufacturing, distribution, and sale of cannabis.
The staff accountant will play a key role in ensuring timely and accurate generation of financial records. He or she should have strong communication skills and the ability to work efficiently, proactively, and independently. The primary responsibilities for this position will be the management and processing of all cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable cycles. In addition, the staff accountant will focus on maintaining internal controls and reporting over physical cash.
· Extensive Accounts Payable ( A/P ) and Accounts Receivables ( A/R )
· Daily posting of cash, customer billings, and expense reporting within QuickBooks
· Verifying the accuracy of all documents received and distributed
· Responsible for recording and processing all commissions generated on a weekly basis
· Implement, manage, and record all activities for petty cash
· Maintain customer master files within sale and invoicing software
· Maintain vendor master files within QuickBooks
· Issue W9’s and properly account for all information needed to file 1099’s
· Manage process for check requests to get all approvals and proper account coding for disbursements
· Creation of journal entries for all wire transfer and ACH’s
· Maintain efficient and complete record keeping for all accounting department files
· Accurate chart of accounts coding for all disbursements
· Perform account analysis and reconciliation intercompany general ledger accounts
· Implement process for reconciliation of all vendor statements
· Perform accurate and timely month end bank reconciliations for all checking accounts
· Preparing month end journal entries and account analyses for certain balance sheet accounts
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. 2-3 years accounting experience preferred. Heavy AP and AR experience.
2. Degree in Accounting
3. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
4. QuickBooks Enterprise – Desktop Experience
5. Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic environment. Ideal candidate will have manufacturing, construction or cannabis experience.
6. Good planning and organizational skills
7. Written and verbal communication skills
Manager is seeking driven professionals with great attitudes to join the team!
Professional Staffing Ventures
Why Work Here?
Awesome growing company stability and growth opportunity! Make a difference!