PAYROLL ADMIN/HR GENERALIST - Cannabis
The Payroll Admin/HR Generalist will have experience with payroll, managing benefits, and advising employees and management staff on policies/procedures, state, and federal labor laws. Will be expected to provide administrative assistance in all functional areas that fall under the umbrella of the Human Resources & Administration Department.
- Analyzes prepare and processes payroll data for assigned pay groups; uses an automated system to produce accurate, timely payroll.
- Experience processing payroll for 100+ employees.
- Performs per-pay-period timesheet audits including review of exceptions and missing timesheets; contacts supervisors, as needed, to make corrections.
- Answers payroll and time and attendance inquiries as they arise.
- Maintains and organizes confidential payroll files.
- Maintains garnishment files and track garnishments for completion.
- Runs and prepares various payroll and General Ledger reports on a per pay period basis as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and provides to Finance and Accounting.
- Manages monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting for Federal, State, and Local payroll taxes. Serve as the 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan Administrator for the company.
- Stay abreast of state and federal laws applicable to area of expertise.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or required.
- Assists HR Manager with benefit programs such as medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, sick leave, leaves of absence, etc. to ensure correct deductions setup in HR system and withheld from employee paychecks.
- Assist management in regulatory hearings and proceedings. Provide information as required.
- Provide supervisor training in the areas of human resources and payroll processes and procedures, performance management.
- Monitor pre-employment data and conduct background checks
- Assist the HR Manager with preparing and filing EEO-1, VETS-100, employee censuses, and annual update of AAP, as required by law or contractual obligations. Provide reports to management personnel as directed by the manager.
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree and 4+ years progressively responsible experience in assigned or related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Working knowledge of federal and multi-state employment laws required, including but not limited to ADA, FMLA, COBRA, FLSA, ERISA
PHR or other HR certification desired.
Cannabis experience preferred.
Professional Staffing Ventures
Why Work Here?
Awesome growing company stability and growth opportunity! Make a difference!