*IMMEDIATE OPENING* Seeking a Land Development Buyer /Offsite Purchasing Agent for the Inland Empire for residential production construction, commercial and public works projects.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the Offsite Purchasing Agent will be responsible for all aspects of the offsite construction for residential, commercial and public works land development purchasing including budgets, trade partner contracts, bidding, trade partner relationships, cycle time, value engineering, and product development.
OFFSITE PURCHASING AGENT OBJECTIVES:
- The Land Development Buyer/ Offsite Purchasing Agent will perform offsite purchasing, work with the Director of Development on developing budgets, oversee the purchasing functions from grading, paving, wet and dry utilities to street improvements up to vertical construction.
- Responsible for all land development off-site purchasing activities, managing, soliciting and awarding offsite contracts, developing trade contractor relations, and performing contract administration.
- Keep current on market trends in order to advise on price fluctuations and product availability.
- Select, provide training and leadership to the purchasing group on customer and employee satisfaction.
OFFSITE PURCHASING AGENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create preliminary offsite budgets for bids.
- Perform Offsite purchasing.
- Initiate, negotiate and contract for all labor and materials associated with land development, wet and dry utility construction.
- Ensure budgets and options are accurate, complete, communicating changes executive management.
- Establish and maintain Scope of Work for all construction phases, in coordination with the construction.
- Establish service level needs and evaluation criteria for building products, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Source new and better products, subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of plans and specifications.
- Worked with vendors, cities, and counties on bond releases.
- Responsible for the value engineering of the product.
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on subcontractor and material increases/decreases.
- Monitor and report (on a regular basis) on construction costs by the plan.
- Provide and maintain competitive bid and value engineering reports for each trade by the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Business or another related field or have a minimum of 5-7 years in a similar position with a high-volume builder, public works or General Contractor.
- 3 to 5 years of land development purchasing experience.
- High level of understanding of the system applications in construction.
- Strong time management, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong self-organization skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive Compensation - DOE 'range provided' open to discussion
- Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
Submit your resume for immediate and confidential consideration.