Are you seeking a career move to join an established and profitable company at the ground breaking level that will offer tremendous grow where you can make a difference? If so, this is the opportunity for you! Apply today! IMMEDIATE NEED!
Our client, a legal cannabis company located in downtown Los Angeles, California, is seeking a talented Financial Analyst (Accounting Manager) to perform analysis and cost accounting for their fast paced world-class facilities and vertically integrated businesses for the production, manufacturing, distribution, and sale of cannabis.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for tracking the company's financial performance against its budget, analyzing business performance and market conditions to create forecasts, and helping senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports. In addition, he or she will be responsible for all cost accounting calculations and analysis to drive accurate financial reporting of operating results.
· Prepare and maintain standard costing system for inventory and COGS.
· Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual calculations for outside CPA filing of all cannabis taxes due to various agencies.
· Develop and maintain sales cut off record keeping and entry of appropriate journal entries into QuickBooks.
· Review job cost accounts and provide monthly updates as it relates to budgeted vs. actual.
· Must be very pro-active in ensuring all costs are accurately reflected thru detailed analysis of cost reports.
· Analyze sales pricing strategies and work with managers to validate correct pricing is implemented.
· Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly sales and inventory analysis report.
· Create, manage, and maintain individual inventory analytics for several business units. This includes variance analysis and inventory management during the life cycle of each production unit to ensure accurate analysis.
· Detailed analysis of costs and development of cost analysis tools necessary to support cost control.
· Assist in the preparation annual budgeting process.
· Developing data collection methods and analysis.
· Provide financial and business analysis support to management of several related departments
· Prepare analysis of product line and customer account profitability and other sales analysis.
· Drive achievement of financial goals, assisting in the annual planning process, monthly and quarterly forecasting
· Prepare monthly analysis of financial results.
· Advanced Excel (VLookups, formula building, pivot tables, graphic presentations,)
· Analytical skills, must perform analysis, interpretation, and application to meet goals
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Written and verbal communication skills
· QuickBooks Enterprise – Desktop experience
· Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic environment
· Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles with an emphasis on job costing.
· Minimum 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience with a background in manufacturing, cannabis experience is ideal.
· Cost accounting experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· 4+ years in Accounting or Finance
· Ideal candidate will be accustomed to working in a fast paced and changing environment
Compensation DOE, performance bonus potential.
Professional Staffing Ventures
Why Work Here?
Awesome growing company stability and growth opportunity! Make a difference!